s e v e n t e e n

tw// mentions of depression

"Wake up."

"You didn't call me mom this time, we're making progress," Phil states once he woke up. Dan wiped his hands over his face, groaning.

The curly-haired brunette hid a blush. "We're going to school together, not third base."

Phil rolled his eyes and sat up from his position in Dan's bed, remembering how long they cuddled for and talked about meaningless things until they fell asleep in each other's arms. Phil changed into his proper clothes, raising an eyebrow when Dan opened mouth to say something.

"I-" Dan began, but his mother cut him off from the kitchen.

"Boys! Breakfast is ready!"

Dan shook his head, brushing off what he was previously going to say and going downstairs with Phil following suit. They ate quickly and walked to school together, Dan's hand swaying close to Phil's, craving to hold his hand. But they were in public, and Phil wouldn't want to.

Then Phil took his hand. And Dan's doubts vanished. His cheeks instantly burned pink as they walked through the doors of the building, all eyes instantly setting on their intertwined fingers. It wasn't even because they were both boys, but rather because Phil was a player and Dan had anxiety and this was just a very odd sight. The halls got noticeably quiet, hushed whispers passing around as students pointed out the view.

And then everything was ruined when their principal walked out, towering over the two. "You two, my office."

They followed as everyone watched with curious eyes, gaze running after them until the door to the office shut behind the two boys.

"Is this because we were holding hands? Because trust me, you do not wanna know what goes on in the-"

"That's not why, Mr. Lester," the principal spoke sternly, sitting down at his desk and pushing up his glasses. The two boys sat down in the empty chairs, Dan on the verge of throwing up while Phil was calm.

"W-well then why a-are we here?" Dan spoke up, his hands sweating and his throat dry.

"I just wanted to inform you two that Jason is no longer going to this school. After exceeding his strikes for breaking the rules, he has since then been expelled and is being transferred to a different building."

Dan shot up in his chair, the chair nearly falling backwards as he rose to his feet and smiled widely. "R-really? He's gone? For good?"

"Yes really. Although if he somehow finds you in the open and gives you a hard time, please let us know and we will set a restraining order."

Dan nodded wildly, Phil hiding a grin. "Thank you, sir. I'll keep him safe if Jace comes back."

Dan blushed at Phil's courage, and the principal nodded them off.

Dan is wasted. It's not the first time, but its been awhile since he's felt this good. The music is ringing in his ears while bodies clash into him, his grip tight on the collar of Phil's shirt as they swayed to the beat. He doesn't even know why he agreed to go to this party, but Louise and Phil said it was a celebration for Jason being expelled, and apparently the whole school was going.

And nearly the whole school was here, drunk, chatting or on the dance floor. Louise had gone off somewhere with Charlie and Dan and Phil decided to go dance, even if they weren't the best at it.

"Do you wanna go outside?" Phil leaned over, his lips brushing over the brunette's earlobe. Dan nodded slowly, a shiver running up his spine from the physical contact. Dan let himself be pulled through the doors and out to the patio, taking his drink with him. Phil pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and laying down in the grass. Daniel flopped down next to him, Phil instantly turning to rest his head on the boy's stomach.