14. Cuddly Bear

The intoxicating liquid swished around the bottle. I held it up, contemplating whether I should drown my sorrows. Sounds like a good idea. After all, this has been at least my fifth one. And still I couldn't feel anything. No buzz, no tipsy. Nothing.

"Who the fuck let them in?! I told you useless assholes to only let in one person at a time!" Cassie glared at the people behind me. I turned to see Ryder and the rest with their smug smirks.

"How's it been bitch?" Blue sneered. Her joyful and bouncy character no longer there. Cassie's eyes flickered to a knowing look as she recognized the bunch. I furrowed my brows, curious to know in what way were they associated. But by the looks of it, in no way were they friendly.

"Huh. It's you again," she scoffed.

"Yeah. It's us again. Glad to see us? You two faced son of a whore?" Blue pounces over to inflict pain, though the guards blocked Cassie from harms way. Ryder stood back with his arms crossed. His whole stance projected how relaxed he was despite the situation. Everyone raised their weapons out, ready to paint the dull gray walls red.

Cassie composed back to her awfully sweet posture. Pearly whites showing from her wide smile, sweet lying eyes ready for mischief. I knew there was something shady about someone seemingly perfect. But no. I just had to pair her up with my own best friend. Oh what a great friend I am.

"No need for the guns guys. I'm guessing you're all here to talk. So talk," she ushered her men to put their weapons away. They reluctantly obliged after sending the rest of us threatening glares.

"Stop with the bullshit drug," Ryder said.

"Pffft. No," Cassie cracked a laugh.

"What do you mean no?! People are dying! What do you even gain from all of this?" I pushed through the guards, my fist ready to pound on her perfect face. She looked up with a thoughtful expression as she pondered for a reason. A definite reason for selling a drug that potentially kills.

She clicked her tongue, face now stoic. No expression written on her usually sweet face, "Because."

"Why not," she smirked.

That night ended with my fist instantly connecting with her beautiful jaw. Followed by the loud gun shots and my group of people escaping that hell hole. Though I wasn't fully informed of the rest of the plan. Ryder had everyone else set up a fire for the main warehouse where they had kept their stock.

We might have successfully destroyed most of their stash, but that doesn't mean it was fully over. I just had to open a can of worms. And now karma will definitely bite my ass. Why would it make me suffer if I were doing this for a good cause? Because.

Karma's a bitch. And it never takes sides.

I flinched from the sound of my front door slamming open. Cautiously walking down the stairs, I held the empty bottle up in the air ready to swing at the intruder. Was it the best weapon? No. Am I going to change it? Pfft, no. Is there a huge possibility of me dying? Probably. Footsteps echoed in the halls warning me of their move.

"Tessa? Hey I'm back- holy shit!" Nick dodged my attack by slapping the bottle out of my hand. I blinked, speechless. The bottle broke into tiny little shards sparkling. Whoa. That was loud.