2

|Matthew's POV|

"Dad I don't wanna get married!" I shouted as he told me the news.

I'm only 18 for crying out loud! I don't want any relationships that don't last! I just want to mess around and stuff! And I'm not good at promises.

"Son, when are going to stop messing around?!" My dad said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I thought about it for a minute. "When I'm ready to be in a long lasting relationship, dad!"

"You're the prince of Anov and you're turning 19 on the 19th of February!" My dad exclaimed. "There's no turning back, the ladies have already arrived. I'm sure that they are beautiful inside and out." He continued.

I sighed in defeat. "But I'm choosing!"

He smiled and nodded.

"Your Majesty, 3 ladies have already arrived." The servant reminded.

"Shall we go see the ladies, Matthew?" He asked.

"You say it as if I have a choice." I replied and followed him out of the room.

We made it to the main hall and saw I girl with black hair, one with brown hair, and one with dirty blonde hair. They all looked beautiful but I still wasn't interested.

"Hello ladies, what are your names?" My dad asked politely.

"I'm lady Katherine, your majesty." The dirty blonde one said with a low curtsey.

"I'm lady Victoria my king." The one with black hair copied.

"And I'm Lady Belle my king." The one with the brown hair said with a curtsey.

They all shot their heads to means fixed their hair. I let a chuckle and looked at them. "Hello princesses, I'm prince Matthew of Anov, nice to meet you."

They all did a curtsey and giggled flirtatiously. I mentally rolled my eyes and smiled. They did it once more a little to forcefully this time though. They all had a lot of makeup on and when they smiled, it. Did not look as natural as I thought it would be.

"Well we meet again very soon ladies. Have a good day." I said in a princely tone and headed to the sitting room with my father.

"See, they're not as bad as you thought right?" My dad nudged me.

I chuckled and nodded.

We made it to the sitting room where my mom and younger sister, Talia were having tea while Talia read a large book. They noticed me and smiled but Talia kept her head in the book.

"What you reading booky?" I asked her. That was my nickname for her because she always had a book in her hand or in her grasp. She would sometimes sneak away from tea time with mother and go to the golden library to read fantasy, adventure, mystery and other genres of books.

"The land of stories. The Grimm warning." She replied still not looking at me.

I smirked. "Rumour has it the there is a secret door behind the library where everything is not how it seemed to be."

She instantly looked up at me eagerly and when she saw my smirk her expression changed. "Meanie."

She was 11 years old and still acted childish, but who am I to complain.

"Did you meet the candidates?" She asked, with a small smile.

"Yep, some." I replied as I sat down on the couch beside my mom.

"So?" She asked with one eyebrow up.

Truth is, they're probably here for Status or money. Either or both. They're all the same. 2 faced.