5

|Melody's POV|

"My stomach is full of butterflies." Elaine said expressionlessly.

"Me too. What just happened?" I asked her still looking at the plain creamy white ceiling.

"Whatever it was, it's a night to remember." Elaine replied using the same tone but still looking at the ceiling.

"It felt so right and that was probably the happiest I've been since forever." I said, finally getting out of my bed and looking her in the eyes.

She also got up. We looked at each other for a brief moment and then got up.

"I feel so weird, like in that moment I felt something tingle inside of me and I had some sort of magic in me." I confessed.

"Was that just a metaphor?" Elaine asked coming over to my bed and plopped down next to me.

Should I tell her? No! She wouldn't believe me! No one did! That was why I never showed it to anyone! But I can trust her right?

I sighed and looked at her seriously. "If I show you something, will you think I'm crazy?"

She looked at me with curiosity. "I like crazy and unreal. If you don't want me to know it's okay. I'll believe you even if you sound like the most craziest person ever!"

I smiled at her and nodded. "We have to go to the garden and then I'll show you."

We zoomed out of our room and just when we turned the corner, we both hit something hard and fell backwards on our butt. Seriously! This corner is bad luck! I looked at what we had bumped into and saw that it was just Matt and Johnny. Me and Elaine got up and helped them up.

"I really gotta stop bumping into royalty here." I mumbled.

Me and Elaine looked at Matt and Johnny who were looking at us. We stared at each other in silence remembering last night. The dance, everything. Somehow I felt heat rising up and looked away. We stood in silence avoided eye contact with each other for a while.

"Well, uh... Where you guys hurrying off to?" Johnny broke the silence.

Me and Elaine looked at each other and had a mind conversation.

Should we tell them?

I don't know! It's your call!

Well, OK!

I looked back at the guys who were staring at us inventively.

"I'm going to show all of you something out of this world. Wanna come?" I asked them.

They looked at each other, then at me, and then at Elaine. They thought for a few minutes and then nodded. We walked out to the garden. I looked around for any dead plant. I found one and grabbed it out of the ground and brought it to a nearby table.

"What are you going to do with that dead plant?" Elaine asked out of curiosity.

I looked at her and the boys who were giving me confused looks. I sighed. They're gonna think I'm crazy. "I'm gonna bring it back to life."

They looked at me like I was a cheetah head in a goose body.

"Just watch." I said.

I closed my eyes and put my hands over it I focused really hard on bringing it to life. Give it light, please! I don't want them to think I'm crazy. I felt a surge of power flow through me and something tingle in my hand. I uncovered the flower and it was a beautiful sight. The flower was a magenta colour on the pedal and instead of withered leaves they were a beautiful light green colour and alive. I looked at them. Their faces full of shock.
In moments they finally acknowledged what I did and looked at me.