3

|Melody's POV|

We are right now having tea with the queen which is quite boring actually. I just kept fiddling with my hand.

"OK everyone. I am going to ask that you don't get too excited but the prince and princess will arrive shortly." The queen said politely.

The girls chattered and whispered then looked back at the queen. She went on, talking until we heard a knock on the door.

"Can someone answer that?" The queen asked.

The servants weren't here because they had to prepare for the ball and nobody seemed to want to open the door so I got up an walked over to the door. I opened it and saw Talia and prince Matthew at the door. I smiled and curtseyed then moved out of the way so they can come in.

They walked over to their mother and sat in either side. Talia gave me a small smile and I returned it and sat back down in my spot. The girls whispered while I stared out the window. Elaine said that I couldn't bring my mp3 player with me because apparently it was disrespectful and I understand why but I wish I had something to entertain myself with.

"Lady Melody." I heard someone call me.

I whipped my head to the queen who was stating at me.

"Yes, your majesty?" I asked.

"Why don't you want to get a haircut?" She asked me.

Now everybody was staring at me, even the prince.

"I don't want to, my queen." I replied kindly and calmly, even though my hair brings back painful memories.

"But I won't be able to see your beautiful eyes?" She said with a little sadness in her voice.

"My eyes are very plain, your highness. I do not feel very comfortable when people besides my father see them." I explained.

"Why?" She asked.

The questions kept coming.

"Well my father won't judge me. He's my father. But anybody else could judge me." I replied still calm.

"What about your mother?" She asked me.

I fought back the tear that was threatening to Fall down and sighed. "I don't have a mother, my queen."

She looked at me with sadness in her brown chocolatey eyes that resembled the prince and princess's. She nodded in understanding and changed the subject. "Well as you know tonight is the opening ball. Please dress nice and have a good time, but before we leave, there is a question I would like to ask you that would determine your leadership skill: what would you do when you become queen? You can answer now if you have the answer but we will talk about it tomorrow."

The first person to raise her hand was my cousin, Victoria.

"Well my queen, I would make sure that my castle is the finest." She answered.

I wanted to raise my hand and disagree but a hand shot up before I could. Madison.

"I would make sure that I have the finest of dresses and I look my best."

Everybody else answered something selfish and I was the only one that didn't answer.

"Lady Melody, do you wanna answer?" The queen asked patiently.

The prince and Talia were staring inventively at me so I guess I had to. "I'd be useful."

The girls giggled at me. Talia and the prince had smiles on their faces that made me feel weird. What are they laughing at?