Turning the Tides...Page

Help...Crystal...Help...

"Come on girl, you can do it..."

Many voices call out to Page, none of them she recognizes. The darkness that engulfs her slowly gives way and a blurry image of a teen girl looking down at her with worry shrouded in daylight.

"Who...are..." Page tries to get out. She seems to be in a hallway. Chunks of debris lay scattered around her.

The girl sighs in relief, "Thank God you're okay!"

Page slowly sits up, the room starts to spin. She holds onto her head, "What happened?"

"You were blasted into this hallway by an airbender. I healed you up after I found you, " the girl explains.

Page tries to hear what the girl is saying, but the words from that other voice still echo in her head. She doesn't know who said it, but she feels in her gut that Crystal is in trouble. She starts to get up, but the girl pushes her back.

"Where are you going?"

Page pushes the girl's hand aside and gets up to her feet full of determination, "My friend is in trouble, I have to help her."

"Everyone is in trouble," the girl says, "The Chinese are starting to overwhelm the Camp, they outnumber us 3 to 1 or worse!"

Page opens her mouth to say something, but something odd catches her  attention. A blue transparent mass comes flying at her. Page gasps. It sharply turns and flies into a large gaping hole beside her. The room is shrouded in shadows.

"What's in there?"  

The girl squints into the darkness, "Are those barrels?" She gasps, "Its the water reserves!"

Small chunks of rock fall onto Page's shoulder. She looks up to see sunlight streaming in from a hole in the ceiling. Page looks between the barrels and the ceiling. I just need a way to get up there.

"Page!?!" Demetri comes running down the hallway with a burst of flames shooting up behind him.

"Demetri!" Page calls out in relief and worry, "I need a boost, can you help?"

He smiles crookedly, "You bet!" He blasts behind him, sending the firebender flying. He runs up, hugs Page and they blast up through the hole. He uses the air to let them land gently. To Page's surprise, this area of the roof is flat unlike the others. The square is covered in fighting benders. That girl is right, benders dressed in black definitely seem to outnumber the benders dressed in color.

Demetri looks at Page, "What do we do?"

Page looks at the fighting and then back down into the hallway. The girl is gone, and its for the best. She takes a deep breath. "Its time to turn the tides."

Page focuses and bends the water from within the barrels. To her delight, the barrels move with the water as she bends it. In a line, the barrels fly up to Page. She puts them on the rooftop around them.

"Page..." Demetri starts.

"I got this," Page tells him confidently. She bends the first barrel at a clump of Chinese benders, she causes the water to explode above them. The water freezes, rendering them immobile. She sends another one flying. The barrel breaks apart when it hits the ground. The water morphs into a large tentacle, a fellow waterbender uses to defend himself. Again and again Page sends the barrels to help fellow campers. She may not be able to bend other elements but she will do what she can as a waterbender.

"Page! Over there!" Demetri points at a mass of benders swarming into the testing room.

"Isn't that the room Crystal and Talula were in front of?" Page asks him.

"I don't think they would be swarming into that room if the Avatar isn't in there," Demetri says.

She nods in agreement. She has three barrels left. "Let's make these barrels count." She bends the water out of one of the barrels and creates an ice slide. "Let's go!"

She jumps down the slide falling to her back. She jumps to her feet. She bends the two barrels down to her as Demetri slides down to her. They take off to the benders storming the testing room.

"Get away from there!" She shouts. She and Demetri attack the mass, taking them by surprise.

"Page! Demetri! Get back!"

Demetri pulls Page out of the way. Flames mixed with air blast past Page's face. Red light fills her vision and her body is bathed in searing heat. Benders on both sides are sent off flying. She trips on Demetri's foot and they fall to the ground as a figure dressed in blue seems to fly past them and hover in the middle of the square.

Page gasps, "Is that...?"