Chapter 6

Chapter 6

                It wasn't long before Keik, Milo, Xavier, and Brandon were all stuffed in my room. Miley and Mona were nowhere to be found but they wouldn't be much help anyway and we had enough distraction from Brandon who kept screwing with Justin trying to get him to stop working. Instead of complying, Justin just continued to ignore him, much to Brandon's annoyance.

                Everyone was situated in their own spot, working on their topics. Xavier's job was to find everything he could about culture, Sky and I were working on the current government, Keik and Milo were writing up the outline of the presentation and Justin was working on the outline of the paper. We had been working for a good 3 hours before the first complaints of hunger were heard.

                When we entered the kitchen, none of us were very shocked to find Miley and Mona sitting at the table doing their nails. Ignoring them was easy, instead Sky and I started dinner. My parents were at a business dinner and Caleb was in his room. We decided to make dinner a group effort, excluding Brandon who just sat with Miley and Mona and tapped away on his phone. Sky and I were gathering ingredients to make Jambalaya while Justin and Xavier were cutting up ingredients. Milo and Keik were off in the corner making some kind of desert they wouldn't tell anyone about.  It was kind of nice, having a chill night like this. Normally everything Sky and I did was met with complaints but tonight was peaceful. I think the most surprising thing about all of this was the fact that Justin didn't make even one inappropriate comment since I answered the door.

                When everything was in the pot, I put some rice on and went to wake up Caleb. Xavier offered to assist me and meet my little cutie. When we walked in, I practically ran to the bed and jumped on it, causing Caleb to wake up and squeal as I started tickling him. "Sissy! Stop!" He said between giggles. When everything calmed down, Zav cleared his throat, reminding me that he was in the room. "Who are you?" Caleb said, hiding behind my back. Xavier bent over and held out his hand. "I'm Xavier, what's your name little dude?" I nudged him out from behind me and he cautiously took Xavier's hand. "Caleb. Why are you here?" I laughed a little at his bluntness and picked him up. "Zav is here to help me with a school project." I saw Caleb's little brown eyes widen. He bent towards me and whispered in my ear, "You mean like when Brandon and Miley study?"

                I was so horrified I almost dropped him. I think Xavier could sense my distress because he took Caleb out of my arms. "What do you mean by that Caleb?" I said, using my motherly tone. "I walked in on Brandon and Miley studying and I saw Brandon eating Mileys face! I don't want your face to be eaten Anna! It's to pretty!" I immediately blushed when I heard Xavier laugh. "No Caleb, I'm not going to eat Annalise's face. Wouldn't want to ruin that beauty huh?" Caleb nodded and we went downstairs, me blushing the entire way.

                We all talked for a little while longer and, before we knew it, dinner was ready. Thank God too, Justin was about to throw a tantrum! The actual dinner was quiet, all of us stuffing as much food down our throats as we could, so it passed pretty quickly.

                "Damn baby! You make an awesome Jambalaya," said Justin. And to think he was doing so well with the non-pervert for a day.  "Gee, thanks." I said a bored look on my face. I heard Caleb slap his hands on the table. "My sissy is not a baby! She is a girl! You're a baby, dummy!" I couldn't help but laugh. Caleb, for some reason, is super protective of me and hates when people insult me. I think that's what bugs my parents the most about our relationship. Whenever they insult me, he yells at them and won't talk to them for a week. It's sad to say but, most weeks he doesn't talk to them. Maybe that's why I always felt he was more of my child...