Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Xavier's POV

                I sat there, in the same position I had been in for 3 hours, staring at the small diamond ring. My brain couldn't wrap itself around why Anna's parents hand this ring. My ring. The ring I have to Lise on her birthday, the last time I saw her.

                I thought back to the day I picked it out for her.

                "Mommy! I want ice cream!" my 6 year old self whined. I wasn't in the best of moods. My mother and I had been searching all day for the perfect gift to give Lise. Seeing that I wouldn't give up, we quickly went to Mr. Chekov's ice cream shop and I got a large chocolate ice cream. Licking it happily, my mom and I went to the last store in the plaza, Lankast Jewelers.

                As soon as we stepped in, my eyes fell on a beautiful diamond ring. The diamond itself was small and white, the band silver. I quickly showed my mother and she bought it for me, telling me that Mr. Lankast  had to size it before we could actually take it home. We spent another hour in the shop, picking out just the right size and message.

                For the next two weeks, I was in that shop every day, checking and making sure that Lise's ring would be perfect.

                There was no way that this couldn't be hers... It was like my brain was in meltdown mode. I couldn't think straight. Annalise Nazarov and Annalise Adams are two different people, right? But what if...? No it couldn't be. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I had to play it cool, watch her more closely and investigate as to whether or not she is my Lise.

                Now that I think about it though.. They do look similar. Anna Adams looking older of course. But she had the same beautiful brown wavy hair as Lise did... And the same dark blue eyes, and whenever I look at her I get the feeling of familiarity... I thought back again to the first time I met Anna Adams.

                My thoughts were a jumbled mess. What just happened? I opened my eyes to a plain white ceiling. "Are you ok?!" I looked up to see the most beautiful girl. She had long brown hair and a heart shaped face. Her dark blue eyes captivated me, reminding me of something I couldn't place. "Hi, I'm Annalise." She said, her voice like velvet. Annalise... Annalise! My body froze, No, it's not her. There are probably many girls named Annalise.

                Realizing I was just staring at her, I said "Hey, I'm Xavier. Xavier Mikov." She smiled again and asked if I was ok, explaining to me what had happened. Just as she finished, the culprits rushed up to me and started apologizing.  I waved them off. Honestly? I was thankful that they did, because if they didn't, I might not have been able to meet Annalise. Speaking of her, her and her friend handed me all the stuff I dropped on the floor and her friend, who I now know as Sky, started asking me a bunch of questions. I couldn't really focus on her because I could feel Anna's eyes on me, staring me down.

                She was snapped out of her trance and agreed to me sitting with them at lunch. Sky also told me that we all had 3rd hour together. I looked at Anna again and just as she was about to say something, a tall beefy guy came up behind her, hugging her and whispering in her ear.

                Ok, I admit it. I got jealous. It's stupid really. Why wouldn't she have a boyfriend? I watched as she leaned into him and whispered something back. Then she walked out of his arms, grabbed her backpack and walked off with Sky.

                I just had to stop thinking about it. Maybe I will ask her, though I doubt she will answer yes. Come to think of it, if she was the lost princess, wouldn't she have said something when I told her who I was and when we started researching Nestrov? Yeah, this is just a coincidence.