You Did What?!

Start writing your story

"Rick, are you sure we should eat inside THIS Wendy's? "Penelope asked as her voice slightly wavered.

"Of course I'm sure Pen, don't tell me, you're afraid of a few bikers?"

"If a few is twenty, then yes." Penelope answered as Ricky tugged her over to the bikes.

"See," Ricky said as he casually leaned against one of the end bikes," there's nothing to--" Ricky was cut as the first bike fell causing the other nineteen to fall over as well. Considering it wasn't a quiet happening, all the bikers rushed at the door. They looked down at Ricky and I with calm expressions, but the murder in their eyes gave them away.

Thee biggest, and presumably the leader, stepped forward and screamed," Who the hell did this?!" A look of understanding crossed his face as he narrowed his glare on Ricky who was now, shaking like a leaf.

"I-I- um," He stammered slowly backing up," I did sir.'

The leader's glare only intensified as he spoke, "Leave the state by sundown or you're gonna wish you'd never been born." Taking his threat as her queue, Penelope tugged Ricky's arm and led him back to the passenger side of the truck. Since she wasn't shaking nearly as bad as him, she decided to take the wheel. For about an hour, Penelope drove until her ravenous hunger began taking over every inch of her mind. Over on the passenger side, Ricky's stomach sounded like an earthquake, so they went through his dad's drive-through. Penelope pulled over into the parking lot and when she'd finished eating, she took out her phone to call her dad.

"Hello?" Her dad answered from the other side.

"Hey dad," Penelope sighed.

"How's it going kiddo? Sorry I didn't have a chance to say goodbye, I had to leave for work around four yesterday morning."

"Well, all's been well, but we kind of upset some bikers at a Wendy's here in Illinois."

"You did what?!"

"Well, we were going to go inside and eat, but Ricky HAD to lean up against one of the bikes. Causing all twenty of them to fall over. They said if we didn't leave Illinois by sundown, we'd regret being born."

"Oh my," Her dad sighed," Well, make sure you leave before then I guess. So, I was talking to Mr. Timeswell and guess what!"

"What?"

"He finally found your mother's will! I haven't looked through it, but we'll look together hen you get back, okay?"

"Okay dad. I've gotta go. The domino over here finished his food so we're gonna head out again. Plus, we've gotta get rid of this cow."

"Cow?"

"Yeah, too strange to tell over the phone. Love you dad."

"Love you too kiddo, bye."

"Bye," Penelope replied as she hung up. Suddenly, a bittersweet feeling washed over her. They'd found it. Her mother's will. When her mother died five years ago in sixth grade, her will suddenly went missing. But now, after a long and hard six years, they finally found it. As this was going through Penelope's head, she took a seat on the passenger head and continued to think. She realized she wasn't excited that they found the will, nor was she heartbroken. She instead, felt a peaceful feeling knowing that her mother's wishes would finally be granted.

"Hey Pen?" Risky asked as he interrupted her thoughts," what's wrong?"

"Nothing to worry about Ricky," she sighed," I'll tell you some other time.

"Pinky Promise?"

"No crosses count." She'd decided she'd tell him on their last night in PA, as they lay under the stars. That way, if her face gave away her pain, he wouldn't be able to see. They drove for around two more hours before reaching the sign that declared their arrival in Indiana. It was about three in the afternoon, so they decided to look around a bit. They visited a souvenir shop and purchased Peony postcards, state t-shirts, and even matching socks.