fourteen- crazy ex girlfriend

She didn't normally dream. 

Tobie couldn't remember the last time she had a dream, much less a vivid one. Even more bizarre- a fucking nightmare. 

It started at the pool party- and damn that was long ago. 

She was at the fire with Jamie- but it wasn't Jamie. It was like, zombie-Jamie. 

Her usual bright smile was a thin line. Her eyes were gray and sunk in. Her cheeks were hollow, her hair stringy, and her clothes were all gray and damp.

Tobie didn't know why she looked like that, and before she figured it out, the scene changed. 

She was at the scene of a car crash, and for some reason a box of condoms was at her feet. There was a screaming baby in her hands and blood around the window, but she didn't know who was there or what happened. Someone took the baby from her before she could tell who's it was and the dream changed again.

Now she was at home, but she was looking in the mirror, and there wasn't the normal hair-dye can that adorned the shelves or the hair-dryer or one of Luke's socks on the floor. Nothing was there that said, "Hey! This is the 5SOS bathroom!" like normal. In fact, the mirror was cracked, the tiles smashed, and the curtain ripped off the shower. And she looked at herself, but it wasn't Tobie. It was something else, a familiar face, but at the same time, one she didn't know.

When she woke up, it was abruptly, and because there was a loud bang! that scared the shit out of her.

Her eyes snapped open, but she wasn't where she remembered falling asleep. Out of confusion she said, "Molly?"

"No, but there's a Mikey."

She blinked a few times and recognized the couch she was on, which was back home. Luke's flannel was still around her, but she had on sweatpants instead of jeans and socks instead of her Crocs. 

"Mikey? Where- what the?"

"You're back home with the cool cats, kid," Michael said. He was on the floor by the couch playing Call of Duty with his phone blowing up with messages from Calum, the latest one saying, "call me you dick."

"Where's Luke?" She asked, sitting up. 

"At his mom's." Michael deadpanned. He took another bite out of his pizza, but ended up leaving the slice in as someone began shooting him on the game. "Fuck nuggets! Leave me alone!"

Tobie looked around the living room and into the kitchen, and it seemed that nobody was home. She almost believed it until she saw Tracy, who was very, very pregnant. 

"Hey, T, glad you're up," she said, sitting on the chair with a glass of water. She prodded Michael with her foot, and he paused the game. 

"Cal's blowing you up," Tracy said. Michael waved his hand.

"He's fine." He said before pressing play. Tracy went to go get it but Tobie held her hand up. 

"I've got it," she said, standing up. She slid her finger across the screen, typing "balls" in as Mikey's password, and pressed the phone button.

"You're sure?" Tracy asked. "I can do it."

"I need to move, Trace." Tobie said. "Stay put."

She walked down the hallway to the studio, waiting for Calum to pick up.

It didn't take long. "You fucking dick! I've been texting you for three hours and you answer me now? What the shit!"

"Um, Cal? It's me, Tobie." She said, sitting in the spinning chair. Kip was laying under the desk and when Tobie came in he stood up, resting his head in her lap. She started scratching his ear.

"Oh." Calum said. "Sorry?"

"No, no. It's okay. What's up?"

Calum sighed. "I guess you're the best person to talk to about this kind of thing, huh? I mean, you're a girl."

"Awe, did Cal-Pal get his period? It's okay, honey, this is normal for girls your age."

"Fuck off, Tobie. I'm serious."

Tobie let the laugh die out. "Okay, okay. What's wrong?"

"Peyton broke up with me."

Peyton. There's someone Tobie hadn't thought about for a while. "Seriously? When?"

"Last night. Over dinner at a really fucking expensive restaurant that she made me go to." Cal said. "I'm so mad. I didn't do anything wrong! She was the selfish bitch. She stole my favorite snapback too! Oh, fuckballs!" He shouted. "She took my damn virginity!" 

Kip growled at the noise, but Tobie scratched his chest and he was fine. "Damn. I'm sorry to hear that, Cal. Did she say why?"

"It's apparently because of my immaturity, but I was serious in the relationship! The only fucking thing-" 

Tobie didn't hear what he said next because Kip started barking, then jumped up and ran to the door, knocking over the trash can in the process. 

"Cal?" Tobie asked as she walked over to the bin. Calum didn't answer.

"Calum? Did you hang up?"

Kip was barking like a madman at the front door, and Michael yelled at him to stop, then, "Tobie! Come tame your dog! He bit me, the motherfucker!"

"Cal?" Tobie asked again. 

But the line was dead. 

;

After Kip was locked up and Michael bandaged, Tobie tried calling Calum again. He didn't answer on Mikey's phone, Tracy's, or hers. Luke was at Mama Liz's with Jamie, but Ashton came home, and he said that Cal didn't answer for them either. Tobie got really anxious, but she figured he'd be home. He lived here- the only other place he could go was his mom's.

No matter how much she told herself that, however, she still got nervous.

Kip had been laying in Calum's bed all day, and he hadn't moved. Pip did the same thing for Jamie, but she finally came downstairs and was sitting with Ashton, and though his eyes were red and watery and he sneezed a bit, he didn't tell her to leave.

"I'm allergic to cats," he said. "Not dogs."

Tobie texted Luke in the afternoon and at night, telling him that she'd be up to his mom's the next day. He replied with an "okay" and a "is cal home yet?". She hated telling him no, but she wouldn't lie to him. He didn't text much more after that, just a few derpy pictures and a "see you tomorrow xx", but that was it. 

Mikey and Ashton turned on Pretty Little Liars but Tracy and Tobie weren't into it. They went up to Tracy and Mikey's room instead, and Tobie didn't really know what to say. 

So, she went with, "When's the due date again?"

Tracy smiled. "It was last week. Baby's overcooking." 

Tobie laughed, but it wasn't very genuine. Tracy didn't seem to notice. "Have you picked names?"

Her cousin nodded. "Tami if it's a girl, and Alex if it's a boy."

"Alex I can see," Tobie said. "All Time Low. But Tami?"

Tracy smiled. "Well your name starts with a 'T', and so does mine, so I figured I'd keep the tradition alive." 

Tobie shot her a small smile. "I'm glad you guys are keeping the baby. You're gonna be great parents."

"I hope so. Gonna try our best."

Tobie nodded, and her phone buzzed. She checked it, and it wasn't Luke. 

"Calum!" She yelled, shocked. Tracy looked up, too. 

"Calum?" She said. 

Tobie nodded, calling him back. When he picked up, she wanted to yell at him, but his voice was so broken and scared that she didn't dare. 

"Tobie. She broke into my mom's house. Can you guys come get me?"