of blind dates and many mistakes

By: larry_hystereks on ao3

Word count: 2,407

Summary: "i walked into this restaurant and you thought i was your blind date and i just kind of went with it because i don't want to eat alone"

or in which dan is a poor uni student and phil wrongly thinks he's his blind date.

Dan wanted to slam his head against the table in frustration and exhaustion. He was sure he was 10 seconds away from actually bursting into tears.

He'd been studying for this moronic exam for his stupid law class and he still barely understood anything. Information was going in but none of it was sticking and it was driving Dan absolutely mental. His brain was completely useless and there was no way in hell he was going to pass this exam, probably not even the class.

He threw his pen on his desk and groaned, leaning both his elbows on the table, burying his face into his hands.

He was never going to fucking graduate.

His stomach growled and he sighed. Maybe a snack break would help.

He stood up and walked over to the mini fridge in his tiny dorm room, looking inside.

Three energy drinks, half a bottle of his roommates vodka, a vanilla pudding cup, and three day old chinese food that definitely should not be consumed by any living creature.

He checked his phone for the time and he frowned. It was prime hour for dinner time, which meant the dining hall would be packed with students. He really didn't want to spend an hour shuffling around the confines of the dining hall trying to get something to eat, and then worse, trying to find a place to sit.

His stomach growled again and he contemplated eating the chinese food. It couldn't be that bad, right?

He shook his head.

No, Dan, you're a fucking adult now, he told himself.

He pulled off his sweatpants and slid on a pair of black skinnies, slinging a dark blue jumper over his grossly stained t-shirt. He really needed to do his fucking laundry more than once a month.

He grabbed his wallet along with his dorm key and he began walking away from his school's tiny campus and towards town, hoping to find something that wasn't too expensive.

Dan was only walking for ten minutes when a small japanese restaurant caught his attention.

Well, what caught his attention was the sign on the door saying half priced sushi for students, but that's besides the point.

Dan walked into the tiny restaurant, the decor mostly consisting of softly lit illuminating red flowers covering the black interior. He realized quickly this restaurant is way too fancy for him to be dining alone in, half priced sushi or not, and makes a move to turn around and leave.

"Wait!"

Dan frowns and turns, facing a man a bit older than him dressed in black jeans and a buttoned up shirt.

"I'm so glad you could make it," he says, confusing Dan even further. "I was starting to think you weren't going to show."

The man scratches the back of his head, cheeks turning a pretty red color.

"Um-" Dan starts.

"Oh!" The man cuts in. "I'm Phil. Sorry I assumed you knew already. I'm the guy Louise set you up on a blind date with."