xiv

The next day, I was walking around the castle searching for Robb. He was hard to find for some reason, and no one seemed to have a solid answer about his whereabouts.

"Catelyn," I said in relief as I noticed my mother by law down the hall. I quickened my pace and walked to her, and she smiled at me.

"Have you seen Robb?" I asked.

She nodded, "He is in the stable preparing the horses to ride."

I tilted my head to the side, "To ride where?"

"He is returning to the battlecamp tonight," Catelyn said, and my eyes widned.

"Why did he not tell me?" I asked rhetorically, before straightening up, "I have to go with him."

I began to turn to head to the stables before I felt a hand on my arm.

I glanced at Catelyn, and she smiled at her, her eyes holding something familiar. Was is pity? Or understanding? Perhaps both.

"You can't. They are battling Lannister forces in two days time, and it's not as if you can be on the battle field with him," She said.

Actually, I could sneak on and be in the battle, but I didn't want to. I perfered not to risk my life in that way.

"And after that? He will remain there, I know it. And I must be with him. I am his wife, and his queen. He needs my council," I said.

Catelyn looked at me as if she was talking to a small child.

"I understand how you feel. I felt the same when Ned was fighting alongside Robert Baratheon. But all we as women can do is wait. I had to wait for my husband while he fought wars... The most we can do is hope that you are pregnant," Catelyn said.

I scowled at her and pulled my arm from her grip.

"You waited for your husband and what happened? He brought home another woman's child. I will not let Robb do this on his own. This may come as a surprise, but women are just as capable as men are," I said, and turned around.

I marched off seething, my anger only growing.

I did not think that Robb would have a child with another woman. A while ago, I would not have cared. But Robb and I agreed to only have each other, and I was taking that seriously.

And besides, I did not want to be another passive queen who lets her husband do all the ruling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Husband," I said, crossing my arms.

"Wife," Robb replied, his voice full of happiness.

I was still angry at him, but I needed to learn to quell my temper.

"I hear that you're going back to the battlecamp," I said, and Robb nodded.

He was tending to a horse, and he turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's right. Mother is staying here with Arya," He said.

I looked at him expectantly, and he just seemed confused.

"What? What did I do this time?" He asked. I could see that twinkle in his eyes that showed his amusement, and it made a small smile come onto my face.

Then I remembered that I was mad at him and frowned.

"Well, what am I going to do?" I asked.

There was a right and a wrong answer, I just hope that he chose the right one.

"Well, you're coming with me," He said and shrugged, as if that was obvious.