xvi

Two weeks later, we were easily settled in at the battlecamp.

Robb and I had settled into a routine. We would wake up and we would train(although he refused to spar with me, I was going to convince him someday), and I would read while he made rounds around the battlecamp talking to people. Sometimes I would walk with him, others I would sort through my poison collection. We would eat lunch together and I would go help the maester while Robb trained again. Then we'd sneak a few moments alone together. We'd attend a council meeting, make battle plans, then retire to our tent and usually have sex again.

It was all very domestic, for the middle of a war.

I sparred with Brienne, and chuckled when I managed to best her. She allowed a small smile on her face. 

She was still her normal displeased self, but I liked her that way. She'd become a good friend.

"You are getting better," Robb said, and I twirled my staff and let go of Brienne, grinning at him.

"You can't get better when you're the best," I teased, and his eyes sparkled, making my chest feel lighter.

"Oh, so now you are the best?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"It would seem so. We'd be able to see truthfully if you'd spar with me," I raised an eyebrow and walked closer to him so we were only a few feet away from each other.

"I will not spar with my wife," He said, and I grinned at the title.

"Why? Afraid you will lose?" I teased.

"No, I just would not want to embarrass you. Besides, you're lucky I am even letting you spar. You are probably with child by now," He said the last part lower so no one else would hear, and I grinned at him.

I placed a hand on my still normal-sized stomach and shrugged. I wanted a child with Robb, although it made me nervous.

"Don't think that being with child will slow me down," I said, and his eyes widened.

"When you're with child you will likely be confined to our bed," He said, not that seriously and I rolled my eyes.

"Then who would be the politician out of the two of us?"

Robb was good at war. He had a mind for it, and was an amazing soldier. But that did not mean anything about the politics of it. I was not that good at war strategies sometimes, but politics was something I could do easily.

Robb said it was because I was so charming, and it was true.

"Fair enough," He relented, and I grinned, kissing his lips lightly before pulling away.

I turned and walked back to Brienne.

"Hey, you can't just give me that!" Robb called as I walked farther away.

I looked over my shoulder and grinned at him, "I can and I will. But you can spar with me for more."

I twirled my staff and looked at Brienne, whose natural face made her look displeased.

"Want to spar again?" I asked, and she nodded.

Just as we'd gotten into position, Brienne glanced at my husband.

"My queen," Brienne said, pointing at Robb.

I had stopped correcting her and telling her to call me Elli since she didn't listen.

I looked over and saw his talking with Lord Karstark. They seemed to be having a conversation that made Robb prideful, as I saw his shoulders straighten.