xxv

I took my time walking back to our tent, getting my thoughts together as well as calming myself down. My emotions had been so wild lately that I hadn't really reacted to this, yet.

I nodded at Brienne briefly before walking into our tent. I saw Robb stand up from his place on the bed, his anxious eyes on me.

"Elli-" He started, but I shook my head.

"Don't," I said, not looking at him. Instead I looked nonchalant as I stood in front of a mirror and began taking off my jewelry.

"I'm sorry," He said, his voice sounding like he truly was. It evoked a feeling of pain within me, and I wanted nothing more than to take him into my arms and apologize.

But I wouldn't do that.

I placed my jewelry into a drawer and began attempting to take off my dress. It wasn't easy to unlace it alone, but Robb was smart enough to not offer his help.

I slipped my dress off and glanced at him. His eyes were on me, and it made my skin burn. Once I would've loved this kind of attention from him. Now it was unwelcome.

I grabbed a nightgown that was folded on a nearby chair and slipped it on, sighing in relief. I loved to wear dresses, but being with child made them more uncomfortable everyday.

Robb had sat back down on his side of the bed, and I walked over to my side, pulling back the blankets and getting in.

He turned to look at me and I kept my face neutral, but my eyes showed the pain I was in. For once, I think he truly understood how difficult this was for me.

He reached out a hand to me and I moved away, glaring at him.

"I'm going to sleep. Please just leave me alone," I said quietly, letting out a sigh.

I sat up and took some of the extra pillows and created a border between my side of the bed and his. We had to share, but we didn't have to be near each other.

"My side," I pointed to the side I was on, then pointed to his side of the bed, "Your side."

I laid back down and placed one hand under my face and the other wrapped securely around my stomach.

I heard him let out a loud sigh, before blowing out the candle at the end of the bed. I felt the bed shift as he got into it.

I yearned to hold him, and I think our child, or children, could tell, because I felt a sharp kick. Luckily my back was facing Robb, or else he may have seen the expression of surprise on my face.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, but I was hearing none of it.

-----

The next day, I was still unbelievably angry. I felt like I would be for a while.

I had no idea what to do with myself. I liked being at the campsite, and helping(because gods know that Robb needs my help), but there were so many things hindering my abilities now.

I was blinding by my rage and was barely even talking to Robb. Also, sooner than I'd like, I was going to bring twins into the world. I couldn't have babies in a battle camp, it simply wouldn't be right.

"Brienne?" I called from my place at my desk. She peaked through the tent.

"Yes, my queen?" She asked. I bit my lip and waved her over. She walked towards me, and I could see the concern looming over her face.

"I need your advice," I said, and her eyes widened slightly.

I wasn't surprised at her reaction. Me asking for help is about as likely as a Lannister not committing incest.

So, impossible.

She looked apprehensive, so I continued, "I am considering leaving."

"My queen..." Brienne started, and I raised a hand to stop her.

"Not leaving my husband, just leaving the battle camp. I don't particularly feel like giving birth here, and even if I did, I could not raise my babies in such an environment," I finished.

"Where will you go?" She asked.

"I would like to say Dorne- it is closer, after all, but I think that my place is in Winterfell," I pressed my lips together.

I was resigned to the fact that I would have to at least spend some time in the freezing North. The weather sounded dreadful- I'd never even seen snow in my life.

But Arya and Catelyn were there, and Bran and Rickon. They were my family too now.

And perhaps I could even venture to The Wall and meet Jon Snow.

"I don't think you need my advice," She said, "You sound like you've already decided."

I sighed, my hands clasped together in an attempt to rid myself of some of my anxiety.

"Yes..." I said, "I suppose that I have."