22

January 8, 2016.

Dear Wyatt,

That boy from the park yesterday was there again this morning when I went for my walk. I had my earbuds in as usual, but apparently he isn't very good at taking social cues, because once more, it didn't stop him from coming up to me and walking around the track with me. He still wore the brace on his knee, and his limp was so horrible that he must have been hurting, but he didn't complain once while we were walking.

He told me his name was Matt, and somehow he ended up rambling about his life with a few questions for me thrown in here and there for the good part of an hour. I must admit that I wasn't very good company; I was preoccupied thinking about you. My mind kept wandering back to the first days, the days after we had just met and every day bliss.

I thought that happy feeling would never end. I wish it had worked out a way where that was true, but I just can't seem to find that kind of joy in my life anymore.

Maybe one day I'll be able to be happy without you, but I'm doubtful. It's been months, and it hasn't gotten any easier yet. I don't know if it ever will, and that's a dismal thought.

I guess for now I'll just continue being stuck walking around the track with that random college boy, because if I can't have you here with me, I guess it doesn't really matter who keeps me company.

Savannah

A/N: long time, no update. sorry about that. please vote, comment, and follow. thank you!!