30

March 5, 2016.

Dear Wyatt,

Turns out yesterday was a fluke. I'm not turning a page. Today was one of the worst days I've had in a long time.

I started it out by pulling down the box of your letters and reading a few.

So, so, so dumb.

All they did is remind my how much I miss you. Which is a lot.

It was also a dumb choice because I was due to run with Matt shortly after, and he's not the type to leave puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks unaddressed. And being the baby that I am, when he asked me about it, I immediately burst into a second set of tears.

At least when I made it clear I didn't want to talk about it, he left it alone and just pulled me into his arms and let me cry, but still. I felt so embarrassed. And then I felt guilty, because even though things aren't like that with Matt at all, I was still in the arms of a guy that wasn't you. It felt all wrong, but I needed the strength he was giving me so I didn't pull away. I feel like I cheated on you, and I don't like that feeling at all.

I just really miss you. There isn't a thing in this world I wouldn't sacrifice to see you on my doorstep with your arms outstretched. One thing that losing you has shown me is what's most important to me, and that is you. Money, trinkets -- they don't shine a light next to you.

I miss the old days when we would talk for hours. I miss studying together and yelling the words to our favorite songs in the car. I miss the feel of you heart beating against my ear and your lips soft against mine. I miss it all.

And there's no way to get it back.

Savannah

A/N: two updates in one day, how bout it. comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote and follow! Thanks!!