23

January 11, 2016.

Dear Wyatt,

Is it corny that the only thing that I write with anymore is that ugly green pen you hated? I'm so desperate to have pieces of you near me, it's pathetic, really.

Except, the thing is, the ink is starting to run low. What am I going to do when it doesn't write anymore? Buy a new, identical green pen? It just won't be the same. Nothing is the same.

Today was my first day of classes, so I decided to get up early and walk around the park. Matt was there again, and he fell by my side and limped along as he chatted with me. I feel bad. Every time Matt walks next to me, he has to keep the conversation nearly single-handedly. I try, I truly do, but I'm kind of lousy with conversing, especially with people who are practically strangers.

I guess this is the new normal: Matt walking with me as if he had been doing it for years and we actually knew each other.

When I stopped back at the dorm to shower before heading to classes, Demeter looked at me warily, almost as if she expected me to burst into tears over you. Which, if I'm being honest with myself, is fair. I'm such a crybaby about you.

But I miraculously avoided any sob sessions, and was even early to my first class; you would have been proud of me. I'm a new me in this new town.

If only that new me could include being able to move on from you, but sadly, no. The aching longing for you in my chest seems unwilling to leave, and the memories are my constant companion. How is it possible that everything reminds me of you, even hours away from anywhere I was ever with you?

Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt. When will this be over? I just want you back.

But I guess that's too much to ask for.

Savannah

A/N: hey!! sorry that it took my eons to update. this story kind of got put on the back burner as I wrote other things, but I'm going to focus on this story again, so updates should be much more regular.

thoughts on this chapter? Comment and let me know! You can also vote + follow if you enjoyed.

Also, thank you for 10k reads!