seven

"Do you think you'll be alright?" She asked for the umpteenth time, pressing the matter more than it needed to be. "I mean, Angel Island is about a two hour drive." He continued to nod, a small sigh emitting from his lips. He squirmed slightly in the small hospital bed he was placed on, the plain white walls making the environment gloomy. Crumpling the sheets under him, he writhed in slight agony.

"I'm not as weak as you mortals."

"Okay then..." She trailed off awkwardly, slightly patting his now covered wound. She looked at him strangely, wondering why he felt the need to clarify that he wasn't weak. "Will you be able to use chaos control or would you prefer my motorcycle?"

He frowned. As much as he hated to admit it, he was drained. Using chaos control would no doubt cause him to collapse. "Your motorcycle. If you don't know how to drive, I will make you walk me back here." She laughed, the sound echoing in the small room. Pulling out her keys, she waved them in his face.

After bringing Mephiles to the headquarters, the duo had gone to get Shadows' injury checked out. The nurse was a kind lady named Tsunade[1], a busty blonde in her mid-thirties. (Y/n) decided to nap while he was getting checked up, a small smile gracing Shadows' features when she snored softly.

"You're lucky to have her," Tsunade had said, applying an ointment onto the wound.

He muttered some words under his breath, a few catching the amber-eyed nurses' attention. His eyes closed in distress. "Why the hell would you say that?"

She chortled, wrapping his leg with a fresh bandage. "If she hadn't dealt with your wound, it would've been much worse." He nodded thoughtfully, still grumbling to himself.

He snapped out of his daze when the (h/c) haired agent yelled enthusiastically.

"Let's go!"

----

After walking him to her black G. U. N. motorcycle, she swung her leg over, placing the keys in the ignition and revving the engine. "Well, come on! We don't have all day, you know." He grudgingly complied, getting on behind her with some difficulty. She smirked, putting on a black helmet. Looking in her side mirrors, she noticed that Shadow was sitting a good half of a foot away from her, arms crossed and a strange, determined glint in his scarlet orbs.

"You're going to fall off if you're that far away. I don't bite, you know. Well, I don't bite here," she teased, biting her lip and not failing to notice the blush that dusted his tan muzzle as he scooted closer. She could tell that he was putting on a tough act; she'd spent years working with criminals, after all. Decoding body language and facial expressions came to her naturally. Noticing the pain he was in, she slid herself slightly backwards, so she could feel his legs on either side of her and his well-built chest pressed up against her back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He growled, uncomfortable with the personal bubble breach.

She sighed tiredly, a laid-back demeanor bleeding through her, due to exhaustion; it hadn't even been 24 hours since they retrieved the almighty Master Emerald, and she already had to go and return it with an injured comrade. "Chill, little man! It's going to be a long drive, so I might as well get comfortable." He scoffed, but placed his hands on her waist nonetheless. "Little man, can you tell them to send the Emerald to Seaside Hill?" He nodded, speaking into his wrist communicator, repeating what the heroine had said.

Grabbing a hold of the handles on the bike, she sped off, leaving Shadow grasping onto her tightly. Within a few minutes, they were on the highway, the vast plains on either side of them stretching out as far as the eye could see. Unfortunately, this means that the two agents were left to their thoughts. I guess he's not as bad. I mean, he looks hot as fuck. He's single. What more do I want? I mean, I've been basically flirting with him the whole time. She cursed the way her conscience seemed to stray off onto a different path, but complied with it nonetheless, keeping her eyes on the road, the wind whipping through her (h/c) locks.