fifteen

A sharp, piercing pain shot through the back of her head, yet the only one to greet her was the darkness and a cold floor. Wincing, she squirmed against the ground, eyes squeezed shut. She had no strength to open her eyes, her muscles aching with a dull throb. With much difficulty, she opened a (e/c) eye, the sudden brightness making her cringe as a migraine settled upon her. Each passing moment seemed like an eternity, and she couldn't move, leaving her in a puddle of fatigue, pain, and foggy thoughts. How long have I been out?

Fuck...what happened? She asked, and she laid there dumbfounded for a few minutes before memories of earlier flooded her, pulling her under and drowning her with those bittersweet thoughts. No matter how much she struggled, they kept coming at her, tidal wave after tidal wave, causing her to cough and splutter at the abruptness of the memories. Finally surfacing, her eyes shot open and she gasped for breath.

The first thing she noticed was the pain. Now, she was used to aches from training along with cuts and bruises from previous missions. This pain was a whole new level to her, and she could do nothing other than wait for it to subside. She groggily pushed herself to a sitting position, the floor a metallic silver.

Attached to her wrists were small bracelets with a blue wire going through them, creating intricate patterns on the nickel surface. What is this? Raising a hand, she ran it through her hair, tucking it behind her ear, only to notice a small chip in it. She frowned, thoughts still foggy. Looking around, she saw that she was imprisoned within a glass tube, and she could comfortably stand and sit in it if she wanted to. She turned her head, only to realize there was something around her neck. Trailing her digits over it, she concluded it was some sort of collar. I need to get out of here. Just as she was about to reach for a knife, a small knock was heard.

She quickly looked towards it, noticing Sonic sitting there, in the same condition as she was. Raising his finger to his lips, he gave her a worried glance, tapping his finger and pulling it across the glass. What the fuck does he think he's doing? He continued repeating the action, looking her dead in the eye as if trying to transfer his thoughts to her. Morse code! She recognized, communicating with him. Learning morse code was part of her training, and she was glad that she took the time to learn. She seemed to be in the same room from earlier, as she could see scorch marks and what seemed to be her blood on the floor.

What do we do? He asked, tapping his chin.

She faltered; she never actually ran out of plans, but this whole experience was new to her. I'm not sure. As if on cue, Eggman walked in, holding another remote. Why does he have so many remotes?

"(Y/n)! I see that you and the rat are awake!" He mused. Sonic gave a dry chuckle, a cocky smirk playing at his lips despite the situation. "I realized that my prototype wasn't quite complete," he paced back and forth in front of the two tubes, arms held behind him. "I need that Shadow's blood for my prototype to be complete." Standing in front of them, he frowned. "Where is Shadow, hm?" He questioned.

(Y/n) laughed bitterly. "I would rather die than tell you!" Sonic giving a similar answer, Eggman raised his remote and circled his finger over it in a teasing manner.

"As you wish. I'll have to force it out of you then!" Slamming the button, electricity coursed through the pair, several pained grunts leaving them as it traveled through their veins. They fell to their knees, weak and sore. "No matter. I'm sure he'll come for his girlfriend sooner or later." He said flatly, gesturing to the tired figure. Sonic reached out to her, a helpless expression flitting across his eyes.

(Y/n) smiled weakly. "He's not that stupid. He's got a brain, you know. It's under rules and regulations of G. U. N that another agent cannot come to save the others. If you die during a mission, you die with honour. Pride, if you haven't given away details prior to death." Eggman smirked.