sixteen

Shadow growled, looking helplessly between Sonic and (y/n). "Get us out of here, asshole!" She yelled, and he let out a relieved sigh; same old (y/n). Quickly turning to the control panel, his eyes scanned the screen for anything remotely helpful looking. Panicked eyes landing on a single word, he pressed the button. Release. The two glass tubes descended into the floor, and Shadow instantly ran to (y/n)'s side, as she pushed herself up. Giving her a hand, she took it gratefully and used it to pull herself up.

Wait, don't tell me,
Heaven is a place on earth.

"Thanks." He smiled halfheartedly at her. "Now, to find an escape route." She urged, glancing around, her hand still in his larger one. He gave it a small squeeze, and she turned to look at him, humming slightly. "Yeah?"

He shook his head, dark quills swaying while Sonic began to walk, searching for an escape. "Sorry for this, but we really gotta get out of here. We only have nine and a half minutes." Sonic reminded, pointing to the large countdown on the computer monitor. He strutted over to the door, giving it a tug. "Locked." He murmured, worry in his emerald eyes.

An annoyed sigh left the pair. (Y/n)'s gaze traveled to the window, and she hobbled over to it, tugging her hand out of Shadow's grip. Her eyebrows furrowed as the light reflected off of her eyes. The sky is beautiful when you're a part of it. I wonder if that's what other things are like; better when you're a part of it.

I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't,
Show you what you're really worth.

"We can get out of here, don't worry!" Sonic reassured, and Shadow gave him a partly grateful look. (Y/n) turns to him, doubt on her face.

Shadow's mind sparked with an idea. "Faker, let's break the door down together." (Y/n) leaned against the wall, the coldness seeping through her leather clothing. Shivering slightly, she watched as the two hedgehogs attempted to break the door. She stared at Shadow; the way his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, narrowing his crimson eyes as a result. His ebony quills, red blended in carefully.

The way you held me,
I wish that I had put you first.

Sighing, she ran a shaky hand through messy (h/c) hair, struggling to keep her breath even. A stabbing pain shot through her chest, and she lifted a hand to the source, her fingertips digging into the flesh to search for the broken bone. She winced upon finding it, massaging it tenderly. Broken rib. I won't be able to do missions for a long time after this, if we even manage to get out of here. She fought with her emotions, trying to keep them level and in check.

Shadow and Sonic panted slightly, rolling into tight spirals and charging at the stubborn iron slab once more. The door fell with a startling crash, large dents in the metal. "Yahoo!" Sonic cheered, raising his hands up. A small hopeful smile passed through the group. "Let's go! We have seven minutes left!" Sonic seemed the happiest out of them all, and rushed to get out. (Y/n) took a hesitant step, knees buckling under her.

I was wrong I admit,
Numb from your kiss, while you were slipping through my fingertips.

Shadow didn't stop to think, and scampered to her side, gripping her small hand tightly. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, searching for some sort of answer.

She frowned. I don't want to pull them down. Definitely not now. (Y/n) nodded slowly. "Yeah." Shadow saw right through the lie, and picked her up gingerly, being careful not to crush her fragile frame. "Hey!" She protested, pouting slightly. He blushed, noticing the proximity between her lips and his. As he began to lean in, (y/n) turned her head, arms crossed, causing him to halt and pull back. Suddenly, a smirk adorned her lips and she teased, "Is Shadow a softie? Aw Shades, that's cute."