ten

A small yawn escaped her lips as she sat up, stretching her arms above her head. Damn, I slept well. Drowsily glancing at the clock perched atop the small table next to her, panic flooded her system as she noticed it was well past 10:00 AM. "Shit!" (Y/n) cursed loudly, throwing off her blankets. Her (f/c) tank top had moved up to just below her ribs, exposing her well-toned abs. Similarly, her shorts that would've come to her knees, had raised up until mid-thigh. Quickly fixing herself up, she brushed her hair aside.

Incoherent mumbling sounded from below her, and she peeked over the bed to see Shadow curled up into a ball under his blanket. "Shut up," he whispered hoarsely, covering his ears with his hands that were under his blanket. Rolling her eyes, she took in his sleeping form; eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed together, knees tucked into his chest.

"Shadow, you idiot! We're late!" She jumped down and shook him harshly by the shoulders, his eyes snapping open in alarm.

Rubbing his eyes with his knuckles, he looked up at her with large, tired eyes, ears flattened against his head as he blinked. Shit, he's cute. "Let's go, it's 10!" Giving him a final rough shake, she ran off to the closet, pulling out her usual; a fitted black leather jacket, black tank top, black leather pants, and black combat boots that climbed to mid-calf. Closing the bathroom door behind her, she hastily took off her nightclothes, changing into the newly washed outfit with lightning speed. She raked her fingers through her (h/c) tresses in attempt to tame the rats nest, to no avail. Brushing her teeth, she took some mouthwash, the minty flavour burning her tongue. Reaching into a cabinet under the sink, she pulled out a hairbrush, running it through her locks before tying them into a high ponytail, bangs falling onto her face.

Spitting out the strong strong substance, she ran her tongue along her teeth, exiting the bathroom. Shadow gave her a once-over, humming approvingly. She flushed slightly under his gaze, and he walked to the bathroom, strutting out a few minutes later. "Breakfast?" He questioned, opening the door.

"Yeah. Let's go." She left the apartment first, him trailing behind her. The walk to the breakfast bar went in comfortable silence, (Y/n) taking a whiff of the pancakes and waffles that were being served. Her mouth watered, eyes becoming dreamy and clouded.

Shadow grumbled, "Are you going to continue walking or not?" She instantly quickened her pace, almost running to the breakfast bar.

"Five pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, and syrup!" Shadow raised an eyebrow. He never expected (y/n) to be a food-loving maniac, but as the saying goes, never judge a book by it's cover. He sat down next to her, his stoic visage scaring the nearby agents.

"Is that Agent (y/n)? With Agent Shadow?"

"Yeah, seems like it! I heard they've been assigned as partners now!"

"No way! Agent (y/n) with someone as high as Shadow?"

"Yeah, they say she's right behind him in ranks! Some people think she might even pass him!"

"I don't believe it! She seems like such a prissy though!"

Their eyebrows twitched, both of them turning to face the two young agents. "Can we help you with something?" (Y/N) asked with a bittersweet smile, causing the two agents to go pale.

"N-no, it was ju-"

"Three weeks of garbage duty. Both of you. For all the buildings." Shadow said in monotone, while (y/n) and the two agents gaped at him. There must be at least 4 buildings, with 12 floors in each. They had to go to each room and ask for the garbage. For three weeks.