Chapter 10 - Sparkly Pants

//Jordan's POV//

Voices...

I could hear voices struggling to wake me up as I lay motionless, paralysed, trapped in my own mind. There were many voices overlapping, pleading for me to wake up, but I only heard one.. Tom...

Flashes were coming back to me, and flashes that I hadn't seen before in any dream or vision I'd had. Flashes of people I knew. Then it went black.

At first I was stunned, because I'd thought that this was all in my head, but it felt real. I could feel cool air rushing against my cheek and my jacket billowing behind me like a parachute. I was shooting through inky darkness, that slowly faded into purple that grew steadily brighter until I had to shield my eyes.

As though I had emerged from water after holding my breath for hours, I felt myself plunge into a calm atmosphere, as though I was floating through space.

I was engulfed in purple smoke and as it cleared, I saw a figure emerging from it that was so familiar yet so distant. It was Ianite. Not the Ianite that had left me, but the Ianite from our old world. Mianite.

She looked almost the same as she used to. Her purple hair fell in waves to her feet, whipping around her head although there was no wind. Golden bracelets adorned her arms and her necklace was still the same; a golden chain with an enderpearl as a pendant. Her purple dress, similar to Martha's, reached her knees. She wore the same smile that I'd grown used to in my old world, and I felt a feeling of warmth and familiarity wash over me. She moved closer to me and I saw that her clear purple eyes were wet.

"My champion. You have been brave, and I could not have ever know that such tragedy befall upon you." Her sweet voice again gave me a sense of the familiar. "I am here to tell you something that you must know before it is too late."

Something was different now; her purple aura seemed to be weakening, her radiant features coarsening and when she spoke again, it seemed to be a hoarse and distant echo. "Listen Jordan. There will come a time when you will have to make a difficult choice. Even I cannot predict what you will choose or how this will happen, but what I must tell you is, no matter how cliche this may sound, follow you heart."

I was bursting with questions, but as I opened my mouth to speak, red- hot chains appeared at her arms and legs and I saw her scream and unearthly scream. "My lady!" My instincts kicked in and I stretched out my arm, trying to reach for her, but I saw her lips form a smile. "It is no use, my champion. Go. Remember what I have told you." In a cloud of purple smoke, similar to what she had emerged from, she disappeared.

My outstretched arm fell to my side, and as I tried to run to attempt and find my goddess, I felt myself fade into the inky darkness of unconsciousness yet again.

-

"Sparklez! Wake up, you sausage!" I could hear Tom's British accent and his strong grip, shaking me and forcing me to wake up. "Finally! Hurry up! We need to get out of here!" Tom helped me up and with all the strength I could muster, I ran after him, realising that we were still at the town. I noticed that Tom was slowing down. He grabbed a speed potion from his pocket and tossed another to me. "No time to explain, Jordan! We need to run far away now!" Tom gulped down his potion and I did the same. As the bitter potion stung my throat, I felt Tom's hand grip mine again and we ran, the trees and woods a colourful blur around us.

I don't know how long we ran, but I realised after a few minutes that I didn't recognise this route. Tom looked stressed, so I didn't think it was the best time to ask questions. As I pondered on whether this was a trap to get me too, I felt an arm grip me around my waist, launching us into the air. Tom was using his angel ring. And he was slowing down.