Chapter 4

Lil sis: HEY GUYS! At the end of this chapter I have something important to say so please would you stick to the end and read it? Thank you! ITS SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!

The whole day all we've been doing is study, study, study. With Mid-terms coming up, we have our work cut out for us. Of course, I have an advantage. My brother is the smartest guy in school, though I'm slowly doubting that. Another kid has entered the game, and his name is Akabane Karma. From what I've heard from other students, he's got great grades, just not the best attitude...yeah. I wonder if he's going to be the one to surpass my brother and prove my father wrong. But enough about him (I know all you gurls can't get enough of him), I'm starting to worry for my self. I want to get smarter and bring my test scores up, but no matter how much I study I'm still just a C-class student. It's even worse when your nickname is the 'Asano Flunky.' It does a number on your self esteem, but Korosensei tells me to ignore them. They don't decide what my grades are, I do.

Today Korosensei went even more crazy by making like two doubles for each of us. I looked at what I was learning and for the most part I understood it all. But that's not the problem. No matter how hard I try, I just don't do that great. It's like some invisible force doesn't want me to pass. I've noticed how Karma has been getting great grades and I think I might just go to him for some pointers. Oh, but hope it's not awkward, we don't really talk much. The. Only time I've spoken with him is when I accidentally bumped into him, causing me to apologize. Yeah, wasn't much of a conversation, was it?

It's now lunch, so I decided to ask Nagisa of where Karma would be, since Nagisa seems to know him the best.

"Hey, Nagisa. How are you feeling about the Mid terms coming up?" I asked him, trying to start up small talk.

"How do i feel? Do you even need to ask! I'm nervous about it, but I have a feeling (that tonights gonna be a good night!) that it'll be different than our past mid terms." He replied with a small smile.

"Ah well, I wanted to ask you something actually. Do you know where Akabane is?"

"Karma? Uh, yeah I know where he is. He's outside by the tree in the back. Why do want Karma?" He asked me getting curious.

"I thought I'd go ask him to help me with some stuff. I just thought that since he's probably the smartest in the class that he'd be a good source of knowledge." Okay those last few words sounded a lot like what my dad would say. But hey, like father like daughter...except the whole discriminating against E-class or whatever. "Well, I'll see you later, Nagisa."

"Yeah, see ya."

I walked outside to the back, where Nagisa said Akabane would be. Just like he said. Akabane was there reading some book under the tree. I walked up to him and looked down at him.

"Ahem, hey there." I coughed to get his attention. Slowly he closed his book and look at me.

"Oh, hey! You're Asano's sister right. Of course you are. What am really wondering is why you're talking to me over here and why you aren't with Nagisa." He replied with a smirk. I sighed.

"Well how about you listen, hmm?" I sat down next to him and pulled out my Note book.

"What do you want me to do with this, draw on it?" He grabbed my notebook and waved it around. I chuckled at his joke.

"Nope, I wanted some pointers on some of the stuff we're learning." I said snatching my notebook out of his hands.

"Uh huh... What's in it for me?" I knew he would say that.

"I'm an Asano, I get information about anything and anyone."

"Hmm," he thought to himself. Finally he looked at me, "you've got yourself a deal! He reached out his hand and I shook it with a smile. And so, for the rest of lunch and a bit after school, Karma kun tutored me with what i needed help on. Time had flown by and it was now evening. My father was probably wondering where I was. Akabane and I had just finished with what I needed help with.