Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Lydia! You need to go now! Jake's here!" My mum yelled from downstairs. I held up one top to my body, and looked at myself in the mirror. Then I held up the next top, I didn't know which one to wear. Normally I wouldn't care, but I wanted to look nice for Jake. I don't know why, he had seen me in all of my clothes. I glanced at my door when I heard someone knock it.

"Hold on a minute" I called, as I looked back at the mirror. Just choose one Lydia, this isn't a big deal.

"I like the red one" Jake said making me jump. I turned around and smiled. Jake's eyes flicked down, what was he looking at? It was only then that I realised I was standing there with only my bra on.

"Shit" I muttered, quickly slipping the red top on.

"I definitely preferred the no-top look" He chuckled.

"Whatever. You could have told me!" I giggled.

"And make you put you top on? No way! Plus I got another blush out of you" He smirked at me.

"Perv" I muttered "Anyway, we really need to go." I stated, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I made my way to the door, however, before I reached it I felt Jake's hands snake round my waist and spin me round,

"I think you forgot something" He smiled, before kissing my gently.

"Cheesy" I said, as we walked out of my bedroom.

"Romantic" He replied quickly. I looked back at him, as we rushed down the stairs, and smiled.

We walked out my front door, after saying goodbye to my mum. Jake's hand slipped into mine and he pulled me closer to him, so our arms were pressed together.

"So I can tell Lilly about us, right?" I blurted out. I wasn't sure whether he wanted to keep us a secret. I hoped he didn't because I had waited over two years for this and now it had happened I didn't want to have to hide it. However, if it meant having Jake, I would do it. I would do anything if it meant being with Jake.

"Of course" He laughed.

"You don't want to keep us a secret?" I asked.

"No" He responded, "Now we are finally together, after all this time, I can't keep it a secret. I want everyone to know!" He said, an excited gleam flickering through his eyes.

"Good" Was all I said as we reached the big red building known as school.

Like yesterday, he walked me to my locker, where Lilly was waiting for us. Her smile broadened when she saw my hand in Jake's.

"I need to go get my books but I'll see you second period." Jake said as he pulled me into his arms and lightly kissed my forehead making my whole body fill with butterflies.

I watched as Jake walked away, his hands in his pockets.

"Tell me everything!" Lilly shrieked

"I don't kiss and tell" I smirked.

"You kissed? You have to tell me Lydia! You're killing me!"

I spent the whole of first period explaining what happened. Lilly listened eagerly, occasionally saying 'aw'. Only at the end did she say 'I told you so' but I knew I would be hearing it again later.

We walked into second period, where Jake was waiting for us. He had saved us two seats in the back row. I slumped down in my seat and pulled out my books. Jake immediately moved his table closer to mine. Lilly gave me a I-told-you-so look. I knew she would always remind me she was right.