Epilogue

Epilogue

“You need to go now,” I chuckled as I glanced down at my watch for the tenth time in the last minute.

“Oh come on I only got here a couple of hours ago,” Allie whined.

“I told you could only come over for a few hours, Jake will be here soon to pick me up.” My smile widened at the thought of Jake.

“Doesn’t Jake live here?” Allie, one of my closest friends from university, asked.

“Yeah, but he likes picking my up for dates. It makes him feel more like a gentlemen,” I chuckled at how ever since we had moved in together Jake had always insisted on going out a couple of hours before our dates so he could ‘pick me up’.

“Awwww he is too damn sweet. You know if he has a brother?” Allie cooed.

“As I have told you many times before no, but he does have a sister,” I smirked.

“Unfortunately I don’t swing that way,” Allie sighed, actually looking a little disappointed.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll find Mr Right soon, you just have to be patient,” I said reassuringly.

“Yeah, I guess we’re not all as lucky as you and meet the love of our lives when we're born!” Allie laughed.

I smiled as I thought of all the times Jake and I had had together. When high school finished we had ended up going to the same university and moving in together. Now three years later, and just about to finish university, we are still together and as happy as ever. I had met Allie a couple of weeks after I started my course, seeing as she was doing the same course as me and soon after we became good friends. I still talked to Lilly at least once a week, who unfortunately went to a different university to Jake and I. Her and Matt broke up a couple of months after high school finished but she had met someone new in her second year.

“Earth to Lydia!” Allie called, while waving her hands in front of my face.

I shook my head smiling slightly, “Sorry, what?”

“Where are you going tonight?” She asked again.

“I don’t know it’s a surprise,” I beamed, I loved Jakes surprise dates. Over the years he had taken me to a carnival, out on a boat, rock climbing and even jet skiing.

“So what are you wearing?” Allie gasped. Being a true girl of course the first thing she would worry about is clothes. That was another thing about Jake that I loved, he always told me what to wear so I never had to worry.

“Apparently I need to wear something posh,” I smiled, thinking about all my dresses.

“I'll help!” She shrieked excitedly.

“I already know what I am going to wear,” I sighed as I followed Allie into mine and Jake’s bedroom.

“Okay well put it on then,” She giggled as she sat on my bed which faced the en-suite bathroom. I laughed as I picked up the dress I wanted to wear from my wardrobe and took it into the bathroom. I slipped off my denim shorts and loose fitting top and replaced them with a black dress. It was quite tight at the top with long sleeves, but flowed out at the bottom and hugged my figure in all the right places. I walked over to the mirror and applied my make-up. I left my hair natural as Jake said he preferred it like that.

I walked out of the bedroom and was met by a gaping Allie. Her mouth was hanging open and her eyes wide.

“Shit!” She muttered.