Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The week passed a lot quicker than I expected. Lilly and I spent most of the time talking about the Winter Dance which was coming up soon and of course Mr Fletcher. We hung out with Matt a lot too; something was definitely going on between Lilly and him.

“So we need to go dress shopping this weekend then?” Lilly asked as we walked into the English classroom and sitting down in the two seats at the front which had now become ours.

“Yeah, I’m hanging out with Jake on Saturday, so how about Sunday?”

“Sure. We can have lunch too.” I nodded in response as Mr Fletcher walked in. The lesson passed quickly, the same as normal. English seemed much better since he became our teacher. At the end of the lesson Mr Fletcher walked up to me,

“I know you’ve had a lot of work to catch up on, so I was wondering if you understand it all. If not we can meet after school today and go through it?”

I smiled, at him. “Don’t worry, my… Um... Boyfriend has been helping me. I’ve actually finished already.” I blushed as I passed the folder of sheet to him.

“Oh that’s great. I will mark these but we might have to have another after school session to review them.” He smiled as he returned to his desk. I just nodded in response as Lilly smirked in my direction.

“Someone’s eager to have an after school session with you.” I just laughed at her as I returned to my work.

Jake’s POV

This week seemed to go on forever. I spent most of it at home with my mum, watching movies and missing Lydia. Thankfully it was Friday and I was spending Saturday with Lydia and I was going to the mall with Matt on Sunday.

I know it sounds weird but I couldn’t wait to go back to school. During this week I had watched probably every movie we owned and read at least five books, which was a lot for me.

It was 3’o clock and I was waiting for Lydia to come home to relieve me of my boredom. Hopefully we wouldn’t have to do her homework tonight; I didn’t mind helping her, but there are other things I would much rather be doing.

I stood up when I heard the front door open and smiled when I saw Lydia walking into the entrance hall.

“Hey” I grinned, pulling her into my arms after she dropped her bag to the floor.

“Hey back” She beamed, her whole face glowing.

“How was school? Was you’re English teacher impressed that you’d finished all his work?” I had been helping her with all her English catch up work seeing as I had already done To Kill a Mockingbird at my previous school.

“Very” She smiled, pressing her lips to mine.

“Want to go to the park?” I asked, dying to get out of the house. I had barely left it the whole week and I was bored out of my brain. I never thought I would miss school, but I really did. I know I saw Lydia every evening but that wasn’t the same, I missed my other friends too.

“Jake I have barely even walked through the door.” She giggled, pulling away from me.

“I know but I bored baby.” I whined, giving her my best puppy dog face.

“Fine” She chuckled, “Let me just shower.” She continued, while turning to go up the stairs.

“Ok, I guess I’ll be waiting for you.” I answered, “Like I have been all week.” I added under my breath. As I sulked back to the lounge and slumped into the sofa, resting my casted leg on the coffee table.