Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. I reached out my hand for Jake, but couldn't find him. I cracked open my eyes to see an empty sofa lying out in front of me. I guess he must have gone home last night. We had stayed up late watching movies; I must have fallen asleep during the last one.

"Lydia! Get up! You need to go in half an hour!" Half an hour! I jumped of the sofa and bounded up to my room; chucking on the first clothes I saw.

I was still eating breakfast when Jake arrived.

"Good morning Jake" My mum chirped, "Do you want any breakfast?" She asked, grabbing a plate and passing it to him, knowing he would say yes.

He piled some scrambled eggs on a piece of toast, making my mouth drop open.

"How do you eat that much?"

"Easy" Jake mumbled his mouth still full.

"Gross" I said as I finished my breakfast. I picked up my plate but Jake waved his hand,

"Leave it, I'll take it. You need to go get ready otherwise we are going to be late." Jake said, thankfully his mouth was empty this time.

"Thanks!" I chirped, racing back upstairs, as Jake started spooning even more scrambled eggs onto his plate.

We made it to school just as the bell for first period was ringing. I couldn't stop thinking about Jake the whole of the first two periods. Everything seemed to remind me of him. I had never felt this way about anyone before. Never had I dated someone who was constantly on my mind. All I wanted to do was be with him, all the time. Everything just felt right when I was in his arms.

"Lydia!" I looked up and saw Lilly waving her hand in front of my face. I looked around to see an empty classroom, "Someone was obviously thinking of Jake" Lilly smirked at me.

"I wasn't actually" I lied.

"Then what were you thinking about?" Lilly asked, trying to hide a smile.

"Um" I mumbled, looking down at my desk trying to avoid eye contact.

"Exactly!" She stated triumphantly.

"Whatever" I muttered underneath my breath as I started to pack up my notepad.

"You've got it bad!" Lilly laughed, as we walked out the classroom.

"Whatever, so am I coming over tonight or what?" I said trying to change the subject, because I could feel my cheeks heating up again.

"Well it is pizza night" Lilly laughed. Lilly and I had made this tradition that every Monday night I would go to her house and we would order in pizza and normally watch movies. "So is it ok if I invite Jake? He always used to come before he left?" Lilly asked, looking nervous.

"Lilly, why would I say no? I obviously like him" I giggled.

"Exactly, you might just want it to be us two." She protested.

"I thought you would be the one who just wanted it to be us two." Lilly had been complaining about how we were always all over each other and it was hurting her 'young innocent eyes', her words not mine.

"Yeah well as much as it might shock you, Jakie was my friend as well and I missed him too."

"Never did I ever think I'd see the day when you admitted that you missed Jake. Sorry but I am going to have to tell him." I giggled, knowing she would do anything to stop me.

"Ok, he won't believe you" Lilly said confidently.

"Oh but I'm his girlfriend now, so I think he will." I smirked, loving that I had got one up on her.