Chapter One

Okay! I figured I get this up before hitting the books! I got three tests this week before the holidays, but I promise to have more chapters up during the holiday!

Vote. Comment. Fan.

I watched the minutes tick by on the grandfather clock across the room, from where I laid on the leather sectional. Another tick, another memory flashed through the contents of my mind.

Two hours from now, I'd be put through hell once again. Last week it was a plate that shattered, belonging to our passed Luna. It slipped from my fingers by accident, and I was severely punished, I'm still healing from it.  Maybe this time though, just maybe, I'd get away with much less of a beating. I've done all the chores. Beds made, clothes washed, dried and put away neatly, even the five batches of Mac N Cheese with bacon bits was in the oven and the table is set. While everyone was in school being educated with knowledge for the better future for humans, and secretly werewolves, I was left behind as the pack's maid.

I could never stand up against anyone though, my whopping size of five foot, threeand one hundred and fifty-five pounds of lack of muscle and over weightiness. I was a weaker wolf, the omega,  but that wasn't the reason why I'm hated by -almost- everyone in the pack.

The true reason - the deaths of Cassandra and Isaac Grey.

My parents, and I'll agree with everyone in the pack, it should have been me, not them.

"Aubrey?" A calm, stern voice called from the hallway.

"In here!" I yelled back, I already knew who it was. The Alpha of the pack.In the door way, stood Jason Night. He stood tall, probably bout six foot, seven, by my guess, even in wolf form, he was huge.His skin is tan, making his mossy green eyes stand out, along with his dirty blond hair. I respected the man as a second father, he tried his best to protect me from the pack, even moving me in the Pack house after the death of my parents, but most of my punishments were always behind his back. Especially while he was out from meetings,  "How may I be of service to you, Alpha Night"

He smiled down at me sadly, "C'mon now, Aubrey. You know I won't treat you like that"

"I know..or atleast I hope" I smiled up sheepishly, "but why does everyone else.."

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I don't know, even if I give an order, there's always someone who's got to break it and get everyone else going at it too."

"You should ban them all!" I exclaimed jokingly, hearing him laugh made me feel like a child being praised by her parent for something really amazing.

"But," He says, mocking me, "Then, we wouldn't have a pack. We need them, just as much as we need you"

I let out a laugh, but stopped as Jason's faced looked down at me oddly, "Need me? Look at me, Alpha. I'm forced to give up my dreams of becoming a doctor like my Dad was, to be the pack's little maid! What wolf wants to be a maid, I haven't been even trained to fight against hunters!"

"Calm down now, Aubrey." He sad, his tone gone soft.

I let out a long sigh, "Alright... anyway, what do you need? You don't normally visit me this often when you've got pack business to do"

"I'm just.. checking up on you... that's all.."

I pouted, "You're going away again... Aren't you"

"No," he chuckled, "At least not for now anyway"

"Then what is it?"

"Well, you see," He trailed off, "Zayden and I planned on going on a camping trip, just to look out some hunting grounds. I thought maybe I could invite you along. Maybe then, Zayden could bond a little with you.."