Chapter Four

A week had passed, and now I realise they say  "survival of the fitess". Me? I'm no where near fit. I can't even take down a decent meal besides squirrels and rabbits, maybe even a hawk if I'm lucky, but even all that is hard, especially in the winter.

 I nibbled on what was left of the carcass between my paws, focusing on the entrance of my little den in case that band of racoons or foxes tried to come at me again. With all the snow piling up, it grew harder to pick up scents of berries and prey, so whenever I'd have a meal, something had to pick of the scent.

I decided it was bad luck, no, I'm a curse to myself. I can't stay in my own pack, I'm not a suitable mate for my own, and I'm responsible for the deaths of the three most mportant people I've ever had in my life.

Stop thinking about this, please...  my wolf whined, It's not good for us... 

I rolled my eyes,Well it's better than being dead, being a rogue.

She whined again, pulling our ears back aginst our head and pushed away the meatless carcass of what use to be a Hare.

Rogues is another thing we feared. They're cannibals, vile and terrifying creatures, standing all two feet, but remained in form of a wolf, somewhat. Normally, they'd feed of humans, flesh and blood, it'd all be gone, but lately, some even killed Werewolves. We've often wondered what caused their sudden changes in appetite but, none found answers. Long ago, Rogues and Weres were Allies in the Great Night War.

Back then, when the Devil himself creature the night creatures like Weres, Rogues, even Vampires, there was a great war against the first generations of God's creatures of Light. Godesses ruled magic, they could changed the suroundings around them. Out of all, four remained, but as the rest died out, their souls remained as Elements. The four that live today are the godesses of Seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. God himself, was the worst, in the past, he kidnapped both a Were and a Rogue, torturing them and creating something extreme, but the Devil re-claimed back the bodies of the the creatures, but it turned against both God and himself, sealing them off into realms that we call today, Heaven and Hell.

No one ever found out what happended to the creature, but as the two God's were sealed away, Peace filled the hearts of every creature on the battle field. Soon after, when the humans arrived, they all discovered that peace wasn't the only thing they gained, it was the ability to blend in with their societies. Weres and Rogues both could shift into humans with free will, Vampires, if they fed enough, could walk in the sunlight, Goddeses found a way into their Father's realm.

We were all untraceable.

Alpha Night use to tell the stories of the past, like the war, twisting it to scare the little pups like myself when I was young. I never believed in it, but in reality, it kind of did explain how the world came to be, but it was foolish. Sometimes Alpha Night would say that one day, the war would start over again, and it always made me think. What if it did?

I smiled, remembering all the times around the camp fire, telling stories, Edwin use to hold me on his lap, his baby sister, and Adrienne would play with my hair...

I growled at myself, that was long ago.. I refused to think of them again after all they've done to me. They will regret it.

How exactly do we plan on making them regret throwing us out? My wolf asked

Somehow, we will. I said, an unknown emotion flowing through my veins. Determination.  I won't let them just get away with it all.

I swear, I've gone insane Another two weeks passed, facing snow storms, reckless hunters even a family of bears thanks to my good for nothing sense of smell, and now I'm hearing voices besides my own and my wolf.

I laid in my den, like the last time I heard them two nights ago, struggling to sleep. There was no wind, no falling of snow, just darkness. I eventually found myself drifting, but the sound of a comforting voice, snapped me awake.

"Aubrey........"

My ear twitched, "Hello? Who's there?"

"I'm here.... come to me....."

With a sigh, I rose on all fours again walking to the entrance of the den. I looked around, only endless mounds of snow, and the spruce trees that stood overly tall, but were weighed down by the snow. nothing, like always.

I turned around to walk into the den, but this time it was right behind me, "Aubrey"

It was there, a wolf, but it didn't completely look right. He was much larger than me, black and read streaked fur, with burning red eyes. He had his head down, his teeth bared at me, like it was his territory and I was the one intruding.

I pulled my ears back, giving in like always, but he pulled back, turning his head back nodding for me to follow. I kept my head down, but as I began to go towards him, he began to sprint.

"Wait up!" I yelled, but nothing. I looked to the ground as I ran to find foot prints.

I ran past countless trees into an unknown part of the woods, the foot prints never came to an end, they just kept going, but what I thought was wrong, as I broke out of the woods to a cliff.

Skidding to a halt, I looked around. Lights were in the distance, maybe a small town, but no sign of the wolf appeared anywhere.

"Follow...Your future awaits, child...."

I looked down, and sure enough, he was at the bottom of the cliff staring up at me. It was about a twenty-five foot high jump, a human would easily have major damage to their bodies, or even die if they fell improperly, but this was nothing, or so I hoped.

I landed on my front paws, only barely missing the broken stump. As I landed beside him, I looked up to find him staring down, bowing his head before walking away.

That was probably the closest thing, besides from my parents and previous Alpha, I've had to respect from anyone for the first time in a long time. It sent tingles through my stomac, and made me feel warm in this cold, winter's air.

He ran ahead again, and I struggled to keep up. Eventually, after following his footprints until they suddenly disapeared. I stopped, smelling the snow around me for the scent of charcoal that he gave off all this time. It was gone.

I looked around, dropping my guard and only to be tackled to the ground, by a Wolf.

A Werewolf.

Author's Note;

So.. I know I'm keeping you all waiting to see what's gonna happen, and trust me the next chapter is what you've been waiting to find out, I promise!

Question; What do you think of the story so far?

Is it good? Or bad?

Vote. Comment. Fan.