Chapter Twenty-One

Zayden's POV....

I watched Aubrey, as she stood to her feet, and her eyes no longer those warm shades of purple, but a glowing red that craved nothing but bloodshed. From her mouth, hung blood, which she lapped up with her long tongue, then traced it down her newly long canines.

She was a Monster.

"No!" I heard Gale yell out, his expression showed pain, but turned into rage, throwing himself at Devina. This time, he got her, and she let out a dark laugh, "You Devil! What the hell did you do to her!"

"I told you, silly mutt."

Before he could protest, Aubrey lifted him up with one arm, tossing him towards the Rogues. She smiled, "Kill him"

I shifted, jumping towards Gale giving the advantage of two on two. I took the red glowing Rogue, while he, the blue. In our Wolf forms, we were circled by the two, never taking our gazes off them, and our wolves snarling before the real battle began. I locked with my enemy, his arms failing as he tipped backwards, but as I bit down to his exposed neck, it came back with water sealing him back up. From behind me, I could hear Gale whimper as his tongue was burnt, and fire patched his own target up neatly.

What the hell? My wolf snarled, but was too late as we were knocked back, crashing against Gale's body.

I got to my feet shakily, only to catch a glimpse at Aubrey, who watched with a blank expression. Did she not recognize it was us that she ordered them to kill? I studied her closely with the time I had, her sun kissed skin was gone pale, her nails had grown longer than before hanging sharply, and ready to strike, and swirling tattoos ran up and down her body. Who was this?

My view was cut off by the Rogue who leapt at me, and swiftly I side stepped it, sinking my teeth into the back of it's neck, getting the same thing as before.

How do we kill these things? Gale panted through our Pack link.

I shook my head, my sides heaving and the rest of my body shaking, I don't know, but we need to get them away so we can get to Aubrey somehow.

What about the cliffs?

I looked back over my shoulder at his grey colored wolf, As much as I hate you, Gale, but damn, you're a genius!

He scoffed, but led the Rogue towards the cliff, waiting for the next attack, and myself doing the same, as my hind legs finally brushed the edged towards the cliff, I waited my body crouched low, waiting for the attack. When it came, I quickly leaped throguh the small opening between the Rogues long arms and it's body as he fell down the side of the cliff, exploding into many droplettes of water.

I nodded with satisfaction, only to stop as I heard Gale's bark as his Rogue, swung off the cliff, and Gale gone off, but held on with his hands to a small branch. I ran towards him as the Rogue exploded into flames, but he waved his free arm, signalling me to chase Aubrey, who was following Devina towards the castle.

"No forget me! Get Aubrey!" He yelled, but I rolled my eyes, and reached down, pulling him up before shifting.

"Yeah, I hate your guts, but Aubrey will kill me if I don't!"

Once he was up, we both shifted in unison, and ran towards Aubrey, who turned at the last minute, shifting into her wolf, making us skid to a halt. Her wolf snarled, but as I studied her more, her muscles shook, and her head kept closing her eyes.

It was then we knew, somewhere deep down, Aubrey was fighting.

Aubrey's POV...

I watched the dark Aubrey, as she circled me in her wolf form. Her ears were longer, and her teeth and claws her sharper and ready to kill me with any open blow she could get. Already, our sides were heaving, and our bodies bled out with my own red blood, while hers was a pure black, but neither of us wanted to give in. It was my body - not hers!

"Give in, " Her wolf growled, "We know you want the power"

My own shook her head, "No, it's Devina that wants that! Not us!"

She snarled, lauching herself at me, pinning me to the ground of inky black water, but I shoved my paws on her, shoving her off and throwing myself down at her, driving my canines deep in her neck while her body thrashed beneath me, and then, the body went limp.

It was over.

Panting, I walked towards a little dim light, which I imagined it was my reality. I limped towards it, only to have a large set of jaws slam me back down to the ground, draining every ounce of air I had left in my lungs, and my vision growning dim.

Was this the end? It couldn't be... It's too soon...

As everything grew dimmer, a light flashed through the darkness and my ears were filled with the ear piercing screams of what I thought it was me... Until, I woke up to see Gale, laying limp beside me, and Zayden beneath me.

"A-Aubrey?" He stared at me wide eyedly, "I-It worked?"

I looked down, confused, only to find the necklace that I had found in the Library arouund my neck - glowing, but that wasn't all that was wrong with my body, there were tattoos everywhere.

"What's going on?!" I heard Devina scream, "Why aren't you killing him!"

Zayden pulled both of us to our feet, and I watched as Devina let out a gasp, and fell to her knees, "How! Where on earth did you get that!"

I looked down at where she pointed, the necklace. I looked between Zayden and Devina, and Zayden spoke up, "That, I don't know, but what I do know, it brought Aubrey back, and that's all that matters!"

She snarled, shifting into her own wolf, thorwing herslef at Zayden, but I jumped in front of the attack, in wolf form, pinning her down and drving my teeth directly through her neck, removing a huge chunk, until she was gasping for her final breath.

I shifted back, licking the blood off my lips. As she finally passed, Zayden pulled me into a hug as I got to my feet, and gale stiffly sat up, smiling at me as I stared at him over Zayden's shoulder, and silently, I mouthed to him'I love you', in which he nodded, with a grin.

I pulled away from Zayden, I took one final look at Devina's lifeless body, before collapsing to the ground.

We were alive, we did it...

So I've changed my mind, again.

The sequel is up and on the way! :) Hope you'll enjoy it, and keep following on with my series!

Link; http://www.wattpad.com/5090818-without-me-mate-book-2