Chapter Ten

I woke up, the sun shining through the wooden shutters, onto my face. The room was huge, literally. There was two grand dressers on both sides of the light colored room, a desk with a laptop in the corner, a walk in closet and a large bathroom. 

My hands travelled along the large comforter, I found a tray with food and the envelope that Zander had held last night. I sighed, lifting off the white comforter off of me, revealing I was in an overly large t-shirt. Someone had changed me. I lifted the shoulder of the shirt to my nose, it smelt of Zander, along with this room. I'm not his Mate, but he was begining to act as If I were. 

I picked up the envelope to find a lot inside. Blood studies, eye exams, even bloodines in attempt to trace back to something, but along the top, it was marked failed. 

Along with my name.

I rubbed my temples tightly, this was all begining to be too much on my emotions, let alone my mental stability. My eyes felt puffy, and my face felt tighter than normal, but I still emptied the envelope, fliping it upside down watching everything pour out onto the bed, even a small book.

On the cover, it said 'journal', but on the inside, I discovered it was Jason's journal.

August 23rd, 1990.

Xavier, and his son, Zander have arrived on this day, the Alpha of the Guardian pack and it's heir, for the conference of the Moon. It's something that we never thought of doing in our day of age, but the stir of Rogues and Hunters have made us worry enough to bring everyone together.

Everything was going fine, until we found a woman, being attacked by Rogues, and hunted by Hunters. Of course, we aided her, until the threat was gone, but as we turned to her, in her arms, she held a baby. Her only request was for us to take her baby, her wounds were bad, fatal even. So we took her for the woman, but still in need to aide her. So as we gave the child to be sent to Medical, we turned to find the woman gone. 

As of now, the child is fine. My Beta Isaac Grey and his Wife, Cassandra, have taken the responsiblitly to care for the young girl, they have named Aubrey, along with their only two children, Edwin and Adrienne Grey. 

We plan on studying the child - the reason - her eyes. They're unusual, but we have reason to believe she is the only survivor of the Ancient pack, the Royal Night.

I didn't ever remember being tested, only several therapy sessions at the age of seven.

I continued to read the next entries.

March 30th, 1999

Today, Zayden has found that Aubrey is his Mate. Which is amazing, but questioning, in a way. We research through her bloodline and others that we've recorded over the years that had eyes like hers, even Zander's, Xavier's son. Nothing. It's almost as if she had just came to life someone unnaturally, but I won't ask of him to reject her, but he has begun to chose the rejection process, only because of how she is treated by other children in the pack about her eyes.

She's already shifted for the first time, at the age of nine, which is unusual, but we're handling it step by step. She treats Cassandra and Isaac as if they truly are her parents, but doesn't know they aren't yet, but Cassadra and Isaac have requested a law to be released to not tell her the turth, by any cost. I accept it, but if all else goes wrong, me, or another Alpha has the choice to tell her.