Chapter Sixteen

A week had past. I, along with Holly, Gale and Zander, watched as the pack drove along th dirt roads, leading to the highway, and inside my wolf whimpered impatiently. She wanted to be on the road, unpacked, settled in and start getting ready for this war.

Beside me, Holly wiped away tears that escaped her eyes, "Why is this happening..."

"Holly...." Gale sighed, but it was mostly a mumble, "Everyone goes through these times.. I guess this is just our time.."

She shook her hand, falling to her knees and sobbing into her sleeves, "It's already happened to me! I don't want to lose anyone else! I don't want to! Not again!"

I knelt down to her, gathering her in my arms and running my hand through her hair, walking towards the black mustang, opening the passenger door and putting her inside, "It'll be alright Holly.... I promise.."

"How do you know?" She sobbed, "I lost both my parents like this! and I don't want to lose you, Gale or anyone else!"

I wiped away her tears with my hand, pressing my finger softly against her trembling lips, "Sh.. Holly, I promise, no one will die on you, not this time.. Ok?"

She sniffed a little, but smiled, "Promise?"

I nodded, looking over her to see Gale sliding into the car, smiling up at me. I smiled back, turning my gaze back to Holly, "I promise."

I pulled away as the window rolled up, and the engine started. Soon after, Gale sped off, leaving me and Zander alone. I waved good by, seeing as Holly waved through the back window of the car, until they were gone over the hill.

"Do you really think you can keep a promise like that?" Zander spoke up, placing his hand on ym shoulder.

"I think so.." I sighed, "Somehow, I feel like we can"

He nodded, gesturing me to walk towards the truck, filled with the rest of our things. I slid into the passenger seat, and watched as the place I felt was actually my home, disapear. 

In the car, it was a silent drive, and enventually, after watching tree after tree fly by, I found myself nodding off into sleep.. but, into a dream.

"You.. You're my mate.."

He shook his head, "No... I can't be! I refuse to be mated to someone like you!"

It was two people, the man looked awfully familiar, but the woman, whom he had a called a monster, I couldn't see, she was inside the shadows. Hidden from me, but that still didn't give me the impression I've seen before.. but something was wrong.

"What do you mean someone like me!"

He scoffed, rolling his eyes, "Look at yourself.. You're nothing! Not only that! You're a Monster!"

"Zayden, I am not a monster, I am your Mate!" She growled, and then I realised as she stepped out of the shadows, and into my view. It was me, but instead of my eyes, they were red and filled with anger and lust.

As I, or she, stepped towards Zayden, her hand reached out, her hand had long, sharp claws, dripping with blood, He pulled away, "No, Aubrey! Stop!"

"Aubrey!" A voice woke me, "Come on, wake up now!"

I blinked to someone shaking me, Gale. I was cuddled into a bed, boxes filled the room. I guess Zander or Gale had carried me up when we arrived, but that dream was still on my mind.. but something about it.. Made me feel.... Good.

"What?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes, "What time is it?"

He chuckled, "it's almost seven, and both the packs are here, and Zander and Alpha Zayden has called ameeting, Beta's included, love. Come on"

I sat up, but Gale pulled me up, wrapping his arms tight around my waist and kissed my forehead. I simply sighed, "Gale.. I don't think I can do this.."

"Do what?" He mumbled, tracing his kisses down my jaw and my neck.

"Face my old pack again.. I mean, after all they've done.."

He pressed his lips to mine, but pulled away, "then show them how much you've changed, and how much you don't need them. As mean as it sounds, maybe then they'll face that regret i remebered you telling me when you first started training."

I laughed, kissing his cheek and grabbing his hand, dragging him towards the door, "You're right, let's go.."

We walked, and as I entered the meeting room, all familiar eyes, fell on me.

Hello!

I know it's not my place to advertise this, but I'd really love it if some people checked out my new story 'Beautiful Disaster'. I feel pretty good about it, but I'd love to see what you guys (Who's been amazing to this story!) think of this new one!

Anywho,

What do you guys think will happen?

How will her pack react to Aubrey after three years being away from them?

Comment, Vote, Fan♥