Huntress Rising

"The tiger spends its life in solitude from the moment it leaves its mother's den, and battles adversities with the ferocity of a thousand suns to remain alive. This, is the tiger's gift, as well as its curse."

Shoulders sway slowly,

The solitary tiger

Leaps towards her prey.

---

It was rare for a man of snow white skin to enter the domain of the Jade Emperor, and even rarer for one to freely interact with the Royal Family without the proper etiquette required by other palatial staff members. This man was impudent, barbaric and fanciful with his movements and his speech, and yet conducted himself in a regal manner befitting of a great king. Huizhong felt confused, yet remained cautious of the potential strife a stranger could bring into the Palace.

It was far from unlikely that this same man was the Princess's lover; even more so than Lee Jia Cheng himself.

"Silk Merchant," she slowly forced out a polite greeting, for he was still learning the language of the people, "The Royal Family greatly appreciates your relentless loyalty and sheer craftsmanship. Have you, perchance," she looked at him carefully, "chosen to expand your Silk Empire?"

He laughed softly, hair bouncing around and shimmering like strings of pure gold under the incoming sunlight, "I am afraid that my clothes will only be made for those who can afford my prices, Honourable Governess. It is very rare indeed that I produce clothing for someone lower than noble-class."

He finished taking the Princess's measurements and proceeded to take out a selection of fabric squares from his box. HuiZhong held back a gasp when she saw a similar pattern to the robe segment that Xiulan showed her just yesterday. It held the same signature mark - that of the Silk Merchant's - and only differed in its colours and embroideries. She stepped closer, making sure not to disturb the Royal Physician's meticulous work.

The Princess weakly lifted her hand to point at another fabric square, the one with dainty pink flowers sewn prettily onto a blue, silk background. "That one, Merchant."

He nodded, walking away backwards with his head bowed down towards Princess Li Na. HuiZhong stepped forth, "It is a lovely selection, Honourable Crown Princess."

She smiled faintly, light brown eyes looking off into the distance dreamily. "Yes, it is."

The Governess held back a suspicious gaze and made eye contact with the Physician instead. She almost jumped back in shock when she recognised him as Xiulan's assistant from the other night. However, the years spent training to keep her emotions under control were far from pointless, and she quickly masked any recognition that may have passed through her gaze with concern. "How is her body, Physician?"

He stood up, bowed deeply, and led her to the side of the fitting room, where the Princess could not hear them but were still able to keep a close eye on her. "I am afraid that her health has been declining these past few days. My guess is that she has not been sleeping well, or- no, that would be ridiculous."

HuiZhong looked at him curiously. "What is it?"

"It is possible that the Princess is with child."

"Nonsense!" she bristled angrily, "How could that be possible? She is still a virginal, unmarried woman!"

Ha Zhi nodded in agreement. "Forgive me, Honourable Governess, it is a mere assumption, and most likely one that is incorrect. I am merely speaking from my experience as a humble physician, nothing more." HuiZhong tilted her head downwards before they both walked back to where the Princess was standing. "For now, Honourable Princess, I recommend that you rest well, and make sure not to strain yourself for another night. Avoiding sleep is akin to encountering the demons themselves." He bade them goodbye, and followed the eunuchs outside.