Chapter 16: Bad News

AISHA'S (P.O.V)

I had been asleep due to the anethesia and the medicines for god knows how long. I could hear slight whispers around me but I couldn't find it in me to open my eyes. After a while of just silently laying there I finally opened my eyes. My whole body ached and screamed tiredness. I squinted my ehyes due to all of the sudden light coming. I managed to look around to see almost everyone sitting in the room except for Zayn.  Doniya and Usman,My parents,Zayn's parents and sisters.

I looked to my right to see my mom sitting right beside me with her back towards me talking to Mummy (Tricia) I shifted my hand hich was trembling immensly. I managed to touch her elbow squeezing it a bit. This action made her whip her around towards me immediatly. I mustered up a little smile. She stood up and held my hands in between her wrinkled and warm hands. She squeezed my hand. 

She smoothed out my hair looking at me lovingly. "How are you feeling?"

 "Like I just gave birth!" I whispered my voice not being able to come out any louder. My mother laughed as her eyes welled up with tears. " Congratulations Honey!" I heard Mummies  warm voice as she stood beside me with her hand on my knee. " Thank you!"

 "So what do we have in the family?" Tricia asked.

 Her question made me furrow my eyebrows "Didn't Zayn tell you!"  Zayn came in he was so flustered we asked him what's wrong ? But he didn' say anything and just went out saying he had to fill some paper work." I scrunched my face in confusion. 

 " Weird! He must be in shock." I say letting out a laugh shrugging the thought off.

 "So what are our little babies?" Tricia asked " 2 girls and a boy!" I said waiting for them to figure it. Before Aany of them could say naything Waliyha got up "Wait that are three babies?" she stood up. Her statmenet making everybody turn to me. I smiled "They are three!" I said the smile not leaving my face. Everybody had surrounded me instantly. Congratulating me. "So who was the surprise?" Safaa asked. "Our baby boy came out last!" I said smiling  up at her. "Did you settle on names?" Doni asked settling down on a chair. I nodded my head. " The oldest is Aaira Badir Malik, Then we have Cyra Daneen Malik and lastly Aaf Dahee Malik!" I say a smile spread wide on my lips. In response I got thins like "Beautiful names." "So unique." "What do they mean?" Usman asked" Aaira Badir Malik means Noble Moon King, Cyra Daneen Malik means Moon King's Princess and Aaf Dahee Malik means Forgiving Intelligent/Clever King." I said smiling at them.

 As everyone went away getting into their own talks. my dad and Daddy (Zayn's Dad) came up both kissed my forehead in a fatherly way giving me their blessings. 

Zayn's daadi had later arrived and was now talking to me. She had brought homemade food with her saying that I shouldn't eat that hospital food if I don't want to be on the bed for longer than ever. After asking some nurses if I could eat they told me I could but not too much. Daadi fed me by herself and it made my ears well up making me remember my grandparents. Me and Zayn had already decdied that once me and the babies are healthy enough to travel we would travel back to Pakistan to meet all of my relatives and grandparents.  The babies weren't here yet. 

Zayn came in after an hour of me waking up. He came and sat down."Where have you been?" asked softly. He looked up he was in the same outfit as before " With Dr.Lisa then I had to fill some papers then I went up to the ward where the babies are made sure they all had their own cribs and that none of the kids who were sick were near them. Then the boys called for the details of the hospital and room number and everything  and then I had to go issue the birth certificates." he said rubbing his face with his hands. He laid his headbeside my hand on the bed his eyes closed.