Chapter 5 - Niall

[It took me a long time to update, I was really busy but I hope you like this chapter!]

As soon as I enter the car after the concert incident, Paul gives me a big speech on how I am not responsible and that I should have talked to him about it. That he was scared to death when he saw I wasn’t there, he thought a fan kidnapped me. And I didn’t think about that…

He keeps lecturing me until we go home. I mean, I already feel bad; he doesn’t have to add some guilt to it.

When I open the door, I get three pairs of eyes looking at me, worried. At least they are not angry.

-          What happened out there, Niall? Louis ask

I mumble something like “Concert, Kissing girl, Danielle, Liam…”

They’re all frowning, trying to understand what I just said but I don’t have the heart to explain everything. 

When I turn around I see Liam in the stairs looking at me. His eyes are full of anger and I don’t quite understand why he is so mad. I’m the one who should be mad because he doesn’t understand what I’m trying to do for him. It also makes me sad, because I am alone in all this; everyone thinks I’m doing something bad.

The last thing I needed was a lecture from him, telling me I shouldn’t kiss the fan because now she will think I like her. The only thing I thought about saying was “Maybe I do like her”.

You should have seen the look he gave me before turning around and going up the stairs. It left a whole in my chest. I feel empty. More than I used to.  Why doesn’t Liam understand what I’m doing for him? I have to admit, I never saw my band’s mate like that before.

-          We were about to go to the mall, before you arrived. Do you want to come with us? Ask Zayn.

-          No I’m good, I will get some rest. Thanks for asking though.

I try to give him an honest smile and the three boys leave the house. I go in the living room and I sit down on the big couch.

I stay there for a while thinking about different things, like what I can do to fix this and the only thing I can think about is talking to the girl. She gave her number to Paul so, I can ask my bodyguard to give it to me. I need to clear things out.

I take my phone and I call Paul.

-          Hi, I know the girl I… kissed, gave you her number and I was wondering if you could give it to me. I want to meet her and clear things out.

There’s a moment of silence and I feel like hanging up but he ends up talking.

-          It’s very responsible of you to do this, Niall. I will give you her number and I will drive you at your meeting place. Just text me when you want me to come and get you.

 Before he hangs up, he gives me her number and I call immediately because I know I won’t have the courage to do it if I think about it some more.

-          Hi… um, this is Niall Horan. I was wondering if you would like to talk about what happened at the same place we met earlier.

-          Sure, see you there in twenty minutes?

-          Okay, great. See you there.

   I am really relieved that she accepted without hesitation. Maybe things are going to turn out great,     after all.

On the couch, I bring my knees up to my stomach and I text Paul, again.