Chapter 9 - Liam

[Sorry it took a while to update, I lost my inspiration for a while but I'm back!]

The dining room is silent; none of the boys utter a word. Louis stares at his plate, Zayn plays with his food, Niall doesn’t eat anything and it worries me, Harry doesn’t even have food in front of him and I am just mixing my yogurt with my fork without eating anything. It saddens me to see the boys like this, especially Niall who still looks kind of sick. I wonder what happened to him.

“Hello boys! It’s my mission to make you guys all cheery again!” Gemma, Harry’s sister yells from the front door. Looks like we forgot to lock the door or Paul let her in. We can hear groaning around the table, no one is in the mood to do anything, especially not something cheery.

We are back in London for a while in a big 5 star hotel. We decided it was a good idea to leave Canada for a while to clear things up. I feel like a coward for leaving everything behind, we didn’t even thank the fans for their dedication. I know they go too far sometimes but I really like the way that they don’t let anything get in there way to meet us. We decided to go in Harry’s room for breakfast, we always join up to eat because we don’t always have the time to see each other and we like to keep eating time together, like a family.

“Gemma, we are really not interested in doing anything fun right now.” Harry grumbles. I look at his sister and she frowns looking really disappointed, she was probably hoping to spend time with her brother.

“I didn’t take a flight to London to see you guys rot in a hotel room.” She says determined. I know her; she won’t leave us alone until we agree to do something with her.

“I think we should let Niall rest a little, he still looks sick. I can stay here with him and you guys can do something fun.” I say. I get a dirty look from all the boys and no look from Niall he is still looking at his plate. “I guess Liam is right, we should do something and leave these two alone.” Harry completes with a small grin. A grin so small if we didn’t look at him the whole time we would have never noticed he did.

Zayn, Louis and Harry get up. They throw away their food and put the plates in the sink. “Since you’re making us suffer we are letting you make the dishes” Louis says while winking at me. I lift my shoulders and don’t argue I can do that for them. I did make them leave the house when clearly no one wanted to. It always surprises me that Louis can still make jokes when he is feeling down, I like that about him.

When I hear the front door close I get up and help the Irish boy walk to the sofa, he is weak, he can hardly walk. He plops on the sofa and I sit next to him and open the TV.

It’s the news.

Last night in Canada One Direction was spotted in one of their houses, paparazzos and fans were everywhere. After signing one of their songs the fans were screaming more than ever and their bodyguard had to threaten them to leave or he would call the police. Hopefully and mostly surprisingly they all left without any fight. The boys flew back to London and no one has seen them in public lately.

We are going to show you Carl’s interview with Annabelle the eighteen year old girl who is suspected as the one who called all the paparazzi.

“Annabelle, what is your relationship with Niall?”

“Well, I just met him a couple of times but I do like him a lot.” She answers with a grin.

“Then why did you call all the paparazzi’s at their house? How did you know where they lived?”

“I knew where they lived because Niall wanted to throw me a birthday party. I never called any paparazzi, why would I do that to a wonderful person who wanted to celebrate my birthday?”

The journalist pauses looking for more questions to ask.

“Did you notice Niall looked sick? What would have caused that?”

“I have no idea”. She says but she clearly seems guilty of something.

“One of the boy’s bodyguards investigated and noticed that the drink Niall brought home from Starbucks the other day had drugs in it. How do you explain that?”

Niall grabs the remote from my hands and closes the TV.

“Why didn’t Paul tell me…” he mumbles with tears coming down his cheeks. I wipe them off with my sleeve.

I don’t say anything but I put my arms around his shoulders hugging him to give that poor boy some support. He did what was right to apologize to that girl but she used him, I never thought someone could be this mean. Maybe I don’t open my eyes enough, I don’t see the bad.

Niall gently pushes my arm away and my heart sink then he gets up and leaves me alone on the couch. I stay there looking at the wall not knowing what to do next. Do I get up and get myself food because I’m really hungry or do I just stay here because I don’t feel like moving anymore. I think staying here is what I’m going to do because I suddenly lost my appetite.

I hear knocking at the door and get up slowly. When I open it I see an old man with a uniform “Room service; here is your pizza.” I take the pizza and bring it to the kitchen where Niall is already standing.

He takes the pizza from my hands as soon as I put a feet in front of the counter and he hugs me. I hug him back and pat his rear. “Thanks for your support” he whispers in my ear and I get shivers behind my back. I move away a little and look at his blue eyes that tell so many stories. He doesn’t avoid my eye contact and smiles. He brings his hand towards my face, caressing my jaw bone going to my cheeks and end up in my hair. I can feel him shiver in my arms. Our faces are now inches apart and I can feel his breath mix with mine. I brush my lips with his lips when I hear a door slamming.

“Zayn I can’t believe you made us come back because you forgot your wallet!”

We both separate ourselves immediately, shocked by the sudden intrustion.

“Oh you guys bought pizza? I hope you were saving some for us!” Louis says as he enters the kitchen.

Niall and I just stare at the boys and Gemma who are gathering around our pizza. “Maybe we should stay here and eat since there’s already food.” Harry adds.

I give the boy next to me a look and he lifts his shoulders and grabs a slice of pizza. I didn’t expect anything else from him and I grab a slice with a grin on my face.  

[Thankyou so much to those who read every chapter, it means so much!

Dedicated to AzureG66 for commenting on the last chapter XD]