Chapter 12

"Saige. Princess wake up." Jackson whispered nudging me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Six thirty. You fell asleep watching the movie and, I didn't want to wake you. Your parents went grocery shopping by the way." He said kissing my temple.

"Oh." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Can you get me some water please?" I asked politely.

"Yes anything for you princess." Jackson winked.

He came back in two minutes later. I put the painkiller in my mouth and chugged down the water.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked.

"I need to get out of this house. How about we go for a walk?"

"No you have to rest that ankle." He said sternly.

"Pllleassse! I have my crutches. I'll be fine." I thrusted out my lower lip.

"Fine. You know I can't say no to that gorgeous face."

His comment made me melt inside.

"Yay!"

We headed outside to walk around the neighborhood. It was a beautiful day outside.

"Aww. Look at the cute puppy. I've always wanted a dog." I said as we passed a beagle.

"Oh really? What kind of dog?"

"I don't know. There are so many cute ones to choose from." I smiled.

"Interesting." He said. A mischievous grin formed onto his face.

It was really nice walking and talking with Jackson. I felt good when I was around him. We walked past some roses that were planted in someone garden. Jackson looked around and ran to the rose garden.

"What are you doing?! They'll notice a rose missing. Plus those roses have thorns." I shouted.

"Out of all those roses? I don't think so. There are a bunch. Plus there aren't any thorns on this one."

I rolled my eyes. He came over to me, got down on one knee, and held the rose up.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Will you Saige Rose Jacobs take this rose as a token of my gratitude. You're one of the best things about moving here." He said kissing my hand.

I regretted telling him my middle name, but this gesture was actually quite sweet. It made me blush.

"Why thank you." I smiled.

I had been thinking it over. Maybe I should really give him a chance. I did have strong feelings for him that I couldn't deny any longer.

Author:
Hey guys I know this is a short chapter but the others will be longer. I would like to thank those who are reading. And I would love to give a special thanks to another supporter of this story cyrlex