Chapter 16

I woke up to find Jackson not beside me anymore. My phone suddenly went off.

Jackson: Hey princess. You fell asleep while we were watching movies. I had to go somewhere with my parents. I'll be back later. Xoxo.

I was always falling asleep. But I remember it was a side effect from the pills I was taking. I went into Chloe and my conversation to text her. How could I forget to text my own best friend?

Me: Hey Chloe!! Guess what?! Jackson and I are dating now! Sorry I didn't text you by the way.

Chloe: It's about time Saige. I knew you guys were going to end up being together. Best friends are always right.

I rolled my eyes when I read that last part. I don't know why though because best friends do have some sort of sense. Chloe was right about a lot of things.

My phone went off again, but this time it was a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: I know I made a mistake a couple years ago, but we should be together. I feel terrible for what happened. I still love you. We will be together soon enough though.

It must have been Luke. I deleted his number when we broke up. When Luke cheated on me it took me a while to get over him, but once I did those feelings faded. I didn't care if he still loved me or not. It was no use telling me this when I didn't feel the same way. I decided to ignore his text.

I was all alone in my house. Jackson went somewhere, and my parents were helping my grandparents move stuff into their new house which was only like 10 minutes away.

********
It was now 5:00 o'clock. Mom and dad came home but still no sign of Jackson. I really did miss him even though we just spent all of the morning together.

My phone soon lit up with Jackson's face.

“Hey you.” I said smiling.

“Saige, this is Priscilla. There's been an accident involving Jackson. It was a hit and run.” Priscilla said crying.

“I..I'll be right there!” My voice cracked.

The tears streamed down my cheeks. It was the fear of losing Jackson. I cared about him a lot. If I lost him, I don't what I would have done.

********
My parents and I arrived at the hospital. I quickly spotted Priscilla.

“Priscilla!!” I said walking as fast as I could to her.

She hugged me and more tears cascaded down her cheeks. That caused me to cry even more as well. My mom then came up to her and comforted her.

“Ho...how is he?” I stuttered.

“We don't know yet.” Derek said. Tears in his eyes as well.

The doctor soon came out.

"How is he doctor?" Mr. Price said.

“He has a broken leg, arm, and lots of bruises. He's also in a coma. We don't know how long he will be in a coma, but we're doing everything we can. You can come in one at a time and see him.” The doctor said.

“Thank you doctor.” Priscilla said.

*******

It was now my turn to go in and see Jackson. My heart was beating faster as I got closer to his room. My body was shaking. I arrived in his room, and tears cascaded down my face. He looked really bad. I sat down in the chair next to his bed, and took his hand in mine.

“Hey babe. I know you can't hear me, but I just want you to know that I'm here. I don't know when you're going to wake up, but I pray that you'll wake up soon. I don't think I could go a day without you. You mean everything to me. I don't know who did this to you, but whoever did deserves to be locked up.” I took a deep breath.
“Seeing you like this absolutely breaks my heart. I'm going to be strong though. I'll come visit you every single day.” I said kissing his hand.

My hands remained tangled into his. I rested my head on his good arm. I felt the tears running down my cheeks. I believed that this was no accident.

Author:
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There's plenty more to come.