Chapter 6

Haley's POV

I sat outside of Nick's house in my car for a little while, thinking about what I was going to say to him. I knew I wasn't going to forgive him so easily, but I do want to know what he's going to say.

I walked up and rang the doorbell. I'm assuming only he was home because I didn't see either of his parents' cars in the driveway.

"Hey baby." He greeted as he was leaning in for a kiss. I moved away and walked past him into his house.

"I'm only here to talk Nick. Don't try anything." I warned. He put his hands up in surrender and closed the door.

"Alright. Fair enough. Let me start by saying I'm so sorry about the way I reacted yesterday. I didn't mean what I said and I don't know why I said it, but it just came out and I'm sorry. It won't happen again." He said as he lead me to the couch to sit down with him.

"Nick, you know how hard that was for me. The fact that you brought it up just made me question if you really care about me."

"Of course I care about you babe! I love you more than anything." He said, but that still didn't convince me.

Just then I heard his phone chime from a text message. He grabbed it, but not before I saw a glimpse.

I miss you...
Attachment: 3 images

"Anyways, can we just move past this and make up-"

"Who the hell was that?" I interrupted.

"Huh? Who was what?"

"Who just texted you?" I asked sternly.

"Since when do you care who texted me? It was no one, just my mum."

"Show me."

"Haley shut up it's just my mum. Probably asking me for money or something."

"Nick show me the fucking text."

"No, I don't have to prove anything to you. I said it's my mum so just drop it will you?" He started to get annoyed. I got up and started towards the door, but he grabbed my arm.

"Where the hell are you going? We haven't finished our conversation."

"Oh we finished. We're done Nick. Don't even try contacting me." He still didn't let me go.

"Is this about the text? Just stop overreacting and talk to me." He started tightening his grip.

"Nick you're hurting my arm." I said trying to get away from him. He still wouldn't let go.

"No, just hear me out. You aren't thinking straight. I'm not doing anything wrong!"

"Nick you're hurting me!" I yelled and he finally loosened his grip enough for me to yank my arm from him. I clutched my wrist to my chest as I went for the door.

He saw the fear in my eyes and his face softened.

"Haley I'm sorry. Please, don't go. We can work this out."

I didn't say anything. I just ran out the door without looking back, despite his almost desperate yells for me not to leave.

I got in my car and started the engine and drove straight home. Tears blurring my vision making it hard to see.

Tori's POV:

I finally got home after speeding through the neighborhood streets. I ran in the house just to see my mom crying at the table.

"Mom what's wrong? Where's Stef?" I asked her as I sat down next to her and comforted her.

"She's upstairs in her room." She said. I relaxed a little and asked my mom, "What's wrong then?"