Chapter four

Nolan's POV:

I was walking to a nearby shop center with an intention of buying some clothes since we're leaving tomorrow.
I wasn't in a hurry so I was slowly taking a drag of my cigarette enjoying the calm sensation it was giving me.

Suddenly, my calmness was ruined by a loud squeal. I looked behind me and saw the girl who already has squealed on me. She was that waitress from yesterday.

"Nolan, salut!"

"Salut..." I said trying to copy a smile from her face. Not sure if it worked.

"I'm Julie" She told.

"Oh, you can speak english?" I was confused. Why wasn't she speaking english from the begening, then?

"Well, it was kinda funny to watch your mum struggling to say words right, so..." She said a little embarassed.

"No worries, It was funny for me too." She lightened up.

"Where are you going?" She asked with a hopeful look on her face.

"Shopping. I have to buy some clothes." Maybe I shouldn't tell that.

"Cool, can I go with you? I was going there anyway." It would make me look bad if I said no. Besides, I actually don't mind. I like her cheery attitude. Even though I would never say this aloud.

"Sure, let's go. I finished the cig and paced sunglasess on my nose.

"Which one are we going to?"

"I was going to the nearest but if you know a good place, I can go."

"Ehh, nooo. I don't feel like walking" she said.

The shop center was quiet big. There were so many shops that you've had to walk for hours to see every of them.

First, we went to the most expensive and popular shops like Gucci or Doir.
I bought shoes and a coat. I had to celebrate the end of my contract with chanel. I finally can wear what I want in public.

I told Julie she can choose something and I pay since I knew she couldn't afford it with her waitress's salary, but she refused.

I must say I was supprised. Who would have refuse when you offer him clothes? I was glad she wasn't using me for money. Why she wanted to hang out?

Then we went to shops that in her opinion were good. She was looking for a dress on her mother's wedding.

"How many times is she going to change her husbands? I'm runing out of ideas what to wear on weddings. Poor, naive men. What they see in her anyway?

She loved her mum but she also loved to critize her. Not that her mum didn't deserved that.

"She told me to bring accompanying person. I can't even bring a friend..."

"Why not?"

"I don't really have one. Everybody thinks I'm irritating, stupid and childish. I don't blame them. They're right."

I couldn't understand that. Why people don't like her? Why isn't she self confident? I can tell she's beautiful and smart. Yes, she is talkative but it isn't exectly a flaw. She's just positive and that's what make me like being with her.

Manipulative people often choose what they accept or what is cool and make others think like them. They're trying to eliminate what's different from their pattern. In effect the great ones get hurt. That's one of the reason I hate the world so much.

"No, they aren't. You're cool. And now you have a friend." I didn't tell her all of my thoughts because I knew she wouldn't belive me anyway. I know what it feels like to hate yourself.

"Really? You like me?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"But you won't be my friend. You're leaving tomorrow."

"Yes, but we're going to call, text and video chat with each other. Besides, it's not like you won't see me again."
I really meant it. I want to help her. Maybe it isn't a normal friendship and we know each other for two days but who cares? We can try.

With that she payed for a nice, peach, mid lenght, dress which I choose and we satrted walking in the direction of a restauration. She was talking and I was listening since we prefer it that way.

Normaly I wake up to an anoying sound of ringing phone, so when I woke up seeing my mother's very unpleased face I knew I somehow got in trouble.

"What?" I asked trying to find my covers which she so shamelessly snatched from me.

"You went on a date with this waitress! What the fuck were you thinking?" She threw a magazine in my face. On the cover, there was a picture of me and Julie eating lunch with a headline: Nolan Leto on a cute date with his new girlfriend. Finally taken.

"It wasn't a date. She's a friend. Even if it was, what's your problem?"

"She's a waitress! This is going to harm your reputation! I'm so fed up with your bullshit. Paparacci have already caught you smoking and drinking. You're acting like a rebelious teenager. I had to do something, so I bought us a house in Portland. We'll stay there for a little longer than normal. I'll find you a girl who is good enough for you. I hope you'll get more mature.

Whatever. I'm not going to protest. I don't have anything to loose.

I got out of my bed and did my mornig routine. We ate breakfast in the hotel's buffet in a complete silence. When we were finished, we took a cabin to the Charles de Gaulle Airport. The city has three airports but this one is the biggest.

The airport was huge. It was the first time I've ever been here. When we were flaying to Paris we landed at the Orly Airport.

We got through all formalities and after short waiting our plane started. I put earphones in my ears and relaxed. Only eleven hours and we'll be at our new home, I guess.