Joy, Patience, And Prayer

Rejoice in hope, be patience in tribulation be constant in prayer.
Roman12:12
ESV

Before there were water faucets, people would go outside an use a pump to draw water from the ground. When your thirsty, you do what needs to be done to safety you thirst.

Joy draws from the well of hope. Patience is produced through trial. Prayer is grown through consistency.

You'd think that joy comes from doing things that makes you happy, but joy runs my deeper than happiness. Joy can be experienced on bad days, in the middle of heartbreak, and when things are at their worst. The reason that this is true is that joy in energized by the hope that there will be time when difficulties will be a thing of the past.

Patience is needed for joy to thrive is because hope that we have is all from the future. Our hope bring joyful hope needs patience. Patience only comes by facing tough challenges.

The final connected layer is prayer. When we agree to pray regularly, we have access to the God who gave us hope, develops patience, and inspires joy. Let the rejoicing begin!

Dear God you want me to remember that joy is something you can enhance through the struggles I face. This doesn't seem like good news. I like it when things are easy. Give me the patience to hope and the hope that inspires joy. May the prayer be a good start.
Amen