[THIRTEEN]

[Above Yavin 4]

"This Red 4 standing by." A pilot looked around to see the other pilots surrounding him. His heart beat tried to remain steady as he checked to make sure the others in his squad were ready.

"Red 2 standing by." Another pilot answered curbing the worry slightly.

"Red 11 standing by." Yet another spoke gaining the attention of the other pilots.

"Red 5 standing by. Death Star in sight." Luke spoke lastly connecting with his group. He continued to put configurations on before actually taking off and going into the battle.

Just days ago, Luke had only dreamed of doing what he was right now. It didn't seem real, but also knew that in this moment, it was life or death.

He had to stay sharp, because their was no telling how trained the pilots were that were coming from the Empire. He wanted to stay alive to see where the future would take him.

Seeing as everything that had occurred, led him here, it was only a matter of time to see what would happen next.

Luke looked at the battle station before him, remembering when he was actually on it. Just thinking about it made him wonder if he had something to do with how the Death Star was able to find the Rebel base.

No one was expecting the Death Star to show up in the first place. In fact a little bit ago, the rebels were still solidifying their plan.

It was right after Han left them. The galaxy was empty until suddenly it wasn't and the battle station was looming over them. When Leia noticed the station, a look of horror was seen on her face.

How the station found the secret base, she didn't know either, but she did know it was time to fight. Sending all the pilots off instantly, she was now watching from the sidelines ready to help navigate the troops.

"Lock S-foils in attack position." The red leader said in front of all the X wings behind him. They all followed his commands immediately as the four wings on each ship spread apart.

"Alright everyone listen! We're now about to pass through the magnetic field. Switch on your double front defectors, and hold tight." The leader then said, inching closer towards the base. The ships behind him followed closely, keeping up with his current speed waiting to speed up.

"Now accelerate into attack speed!" The orders were heard spreading through all of the X Wing pilots. They did Just as their leader said now speeding up going towards the battle station.

Once they passed through the magnetic field is when they immediately broke away. They were all trying to find the location of the weak point hidden within the Death Star, hoping to end the battle quickly.

Those on the Death Star were not oblivious to the threat coming before them. The moment they were within reach of Yavin, many troops had split off to occupy turbo lasers, ready for the blaster fire, they were certain would happen.

Having the X Wings successful use their deflector shields as well as be able to maneuver quickly made it hard to hit targets, seeing as the turbo lasers were more focused on power than speed.

Firing multiple bolts seemed to be slightly effecting, causing panic in the X Wings.

"Heavy fire 23 degrees!" Red 4 said quickly dodging the attack. Twisting his ship he then plunged down in order to just miss the bolts.

"I see it, stay low." Red one said slowing down slightly before switching gears going in another direction immediately.

All the X wings were now dodging the attacks, succeeding in not being hit, but in return they were not taking out the turbo lasers either, therefore not getting anywhere.