Holding on to little hope

Hope

What was the meaning of hope if the only hope that you ever had was gone? 

I sat in the middle of the forest where Tauriel left me, threatened again. Legolas was the only hope I have and to hear words that I never wanted to hear was heart breaking and soul shaking. I was now completely and utterly broken, I sat in the middle of the forest with no care at all if there was Orcs to take me away I mean a part of me was like them, or if a warg came and started eating me, he would be doing me a favor by ending this grief-stricken life of mine.

I didn't move and I didn't spoke anything the only thing that moved was my chest heaving up and down from my steady breathing, my shoulders that twitch every time I whimpered and tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. I have finally snapped after everything that I fought for after everything that I have hoped for just went down the drain, I thought I was strong but I was wrong. 

I wasn't strong at all.

After all Orcs were known for their stupidity.

I didn't know that I have been crying in the middle of the forest for hours, it was suddenly raining and my body was trembling from the cold water that now caressed my skin. I looked up at the dark blue sky with tears still fresh in my eyes. I was angry, mad, hurt, and low-spirited, my fists were clenched tightly and I then slammed my fists in the ground in front of me which was mud. Making the mud splash right in my face and body. I let out a scream hoping no one would hear me over the heavy rain. "Why does life have to be so unfair!?!" I shouted as I threw myself onto the ground not caring how dirty or muddy I'll get.

I laid on my back looking at the starless sky that was above me blinking every time rain went too close to my eyes. I was finally broken into pieces lying on the cold hard ground and then just as I expected my skin started to burn. I was finally who I truly was an Orc. I laid on the ground also not caring if someone found me and killed me. but after hours of just staring at the restless sky I then saw a figure standing in front of me, he was holding a light but I couldn't make a face since my vision was blurry. 

"Eleniel?" I heard the figure called out but his voice was distant. "Eleniel? Can you hear me?" the figure asked again as the figure gently shook my shoulder. As the figure kept shaking I Suddenly and unexpectedly I growled "What do you want elf!?" but as my vision started getting clearer, I then saw Legolas in front of me. My eyes widen in realization that I yelled at Legolas and for no particular reason. I looked at the ground and whispered "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me" his eyebrows knitted together and he asked "What are you doing out here? Especially alone?" I looked at him but then looked back at the ground and said "Why would you care?"

He then lifted my chin like he has always did whenever I looked down and he stared into my ugly eyes and I stared into his piercing blue eyes that made me melt no matter what emotion I felt. "How could you--" but then he was cut off as someone in the distant shouted "ORC!!!" then ran off, Legolas' eyes widen in shock but fear also invaded his expression. Fear and horror filled mine Legolas then quickly stood up and helped me up even though I was so heavy. "Come on! We have to run because any moment my guards will come and hunt us down and kill you without hesitation" he said as he grabbed my hand and started running. "Can you just tell them to not kill me?" I asked but then he stopped and looked at me and said "They were trained to kill Orcs and anything bad, they'll think you are a threat to me and kill you in a blink of an eye"

"Then why didn't you kill me the moment you saw me?! You hesitated?" I growled, flinching at the same time as I heard my hideous voice over the hard rain. His face soften and he caressed my cheek not caring if it was dirty and Orcish. "Sometimes I always hesitate everybody has good in them and the moment I first saw you in your Orc form the way you approached me and begged to kill you, I didn't have the heart to because I knew there was good in you" he said making happy tears run down my face. I didn't know if it was me or the rain but I swear I saw Legolas leaning as if he would......

kiss me.

but then I heard a shout from the distance "I could see the orc from here and he has Prince Legolas" Me and Legolas then ran the opposite direction trying our best to lose the angry mob that was now chasing us but thank the Valar it was raining so they did not see Legolas holding my hand as we ran for our lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost the whole night me and Legolas ran, finally we lost the mob that was chasing us. They did not shoot arrows because they were scared they might hit Legolas. Legolas looked around and said "We'll stay the night over here" as he grabbed my hand again and led me through a path of rocks and we had to climb a bit but after a few minutes we have arrived at a small cave.

He looked around and then started a fire as if he has been here before, I saw on the opposite side of the fire where Legolas sat. "We'll stay the night here, it is safe only me and Tauriel know this place. Hopefully she wouldn't lead them here or I'll have her head on my sword" he said making me giggle. "You and Tauriel are pretty close" I said and flinched again as I heard my ugly voice echo through the cave. He smiled and said "Yeah, She has always been there for me. She's different from any other girl I've met. she's something" I swore that my heart fell just a bit.

"Enough about Tauriel... I wanna talk about you" he said as he looked at me with a smile. How could he ever smile when a mob is after us? "I you sure you wanna hear me talk in this voice? And how could you be so calm about the situation?" I asked trying to not let my voice echo through the cave but I failed. He chuckled as he played with a twig "I don't mind your voice I just wanna hear things about you, the message is more important than how you sound and I am calm because I am with you. I would protect you no matter what" he said making my heart leap in the air.

"What do you wanna know about me besides the thrilling part where I turn into a monster every night?" I asked trying to make it sound sarcastic. "I wanna know you, your likes and dislikes to your favorite color" he said and I burst out laughing and said "That's silly" but then he replied "It might sound silly but the little things do matter" I knew he was right. I sighed and started talking about myself and what I enjoyed doing and what are my favorite flowers, colors and food. We bonded like we have never did before, we laughed and smiled all night long but as we started going to sleep there was something I couldn't get out of my head. He smiled brightly and looked into my eyes and said "You are amazing Eleniel, because you really know how to make an Ellon's heart smile even when he is truly in pain" I smiled and asked "Why are you in pain?" but he gave me a weak smile and said

"Good night Eleniel" ignoring my question maybe he didn't want to share it with me, so I didn't push him and just replied "Good night... Legolas"

Maybe hope was still there and even though it might be just a little I would still hold on to that little hope.