Stay

I could feel a soft fabric underneath me and a warm fire close by. I opened my eyes to see I am in a bedroom I slowly pushed myself up and wondered how I got in here but as I looked towards the window I saw Legolas looking out the window so caught up in his own thoughts. Was I in trouble?

"Legolas?" I called out his name but instead of turning around he just sighed and asked "Do you know how worried I was about you?" I didn't answer his question he turned around and it was written all over his face that he was hurt, but what did I do to hurt him? "You don't do you?" he asked again, "it's not what it looks like-- Tauriel attacked me--" I was cut off by Legolas "I don't care who started it or who ended it-- do you know how worried I was when you ran away and I couldn't find you. I was scared that you might have ran away again, that you might have gone to your mission of killing all the Orcs"

"Why would you care Legolas I am just a--" he cut myself off again "Can't you see Eleniel?" he asked desperately "See what that I am an Orc and I am only just a burden to you? that Tauriel and you are getting married that I should be out of the way that--" I was cut off again as he yelled "I love you Eleniel" there was then a silence between us that lingered neither one of us wanted to speak up. "Why?" I broke the silence first. I am overwhelmed and soaring with happiness that Legolas said that, that he actually loves me but why? why does he love me when I am an Orc by night and an elleth by morning and I have no titles?

"Do you get that feeling when we kiss?" he asked me, the feeling of ecstasy? the feeling I'm the only elleth in the world.. yes. "What feeling?" I played dumb. "That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that, that person is the only person you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that, that it will go away all at the same time" (Never been kissed 1999 movie)

his words moved me was I that person? "You're that person Eleniel" he said he then approached me and held my hands in his as he looked deeply into my eyes and said "Just please stay Eleniel" "Stay, Stay with me" he whispered as he put my hands to his face. Tears were filling my vision I wanted to just jump in his arms and cover his lips with mine but at the same time I wanted to run away because deep down inside I knew I wasn't made for Legolas, I was a burden, an Orc, an elleth with no titles. Legolas was the Prince, the best archer in all of middle earth and the most wanted elf throughout middle earth.

I backed away from Legolas knowing I have to do what's right rather than following my desires, "I'm sorry Legolas" suddenly he sunk to his knees and hugged me from the waist but what surprised me more was where his face was, was soaking wet. He was crying. "Eleniel, I will do anything to make you stay" At the moment he would do anything but he wouldn't kiss an Orc. He wouldn't kiss the Eleniel that's really there he would only kiss the Eleniel that he knows and sees not by her true form.

"I'm sorry Legolas... I just can't stay knowing that by morning I am loved and cherished by you but by night I am a burden to you a monster that parents tell children at night, a creature that you kill almost everyday. I love you Legolas but... I just can't stay" I softly said with small whimpers, tears were still running down his face even though the sight and thought of him crying broke my heart still I didn't have the mind to stay because if I stay I will only get hurt in the end.

"Good-bye Legolas"

I whispered as I turned around and started running as I ran out people's attention was on me asking what happen to me or what's wrong but I ignored them all, I needed to get far away from here as possible. but this time I wouldn't be on the run anymore. I ran to a horse and mounted it and galloped my way away from Mirkwood to head towards Rivendell hoping I could seek a welcome from Lord Elrond or hopefully my sister, Adanessa.

As night came my Orc form revealed itself but luckily I had a clock on and hid myself away from anything and as morning came my pink dress was torn and I was weak due to no water or no food. As I neared Rivendell and saw the guards the stood at the entrance I smiled to myself but I fainted as I fell off the horse.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up again to see that I was in my bed but shockingly as I turned my head I saw Adanessa staring at me with tears in her eyes. "Hey" she said "Hi" I replied awkwardly she wiped her tears with her hands and said "I don't know what to say" I then also noticed I was in a beautiful white nightgown. "You can start with what happened to me" I said as I sat up. but instead of saying anything she threw her arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

She sobbed as she said "I-- I.. I am so.. sorry!!" I hugged her back and tears started filling my eyes as I finally hugged my sister who I missed so badly. Suddenly we both heard "Naneth!!" a beautiful girl came running in with blonde hair and grey eyes. "Arphen! come here meet your aunt, my sister Eleniel" Adanessa said as she brought Arphen into her lap. "Hello Aunt Eleniel" she chirped happily.

The whole day my sister told me how she came to forgive me along with her husband Haldir, Lord Elrond explained everything and I am very thankful that I am his personal maiden / assistant in healing and paper works. A few months have passed and life was beautiful even though now and then I would miss him so much. but what I didn't expect was news from Mirkwood right on the day of Tauriel and Legolas' wedding.