°Chapter 1°

°Beep°Beep°Beep°Beep°Be-

All I could hear for the past 15 minutes was my alarm clock. I was extremely thankful when it finally stopped beeping because that meant I could not only go back to sleep without any disturbances, but I could also sleep in a little bit later seeing as it's an off Saturday for my school.

As I began dozing off, I couldn't help but let my mind wander to how my alarm clock stopped beeping. The only way it could be turned off was if it went to snooze all on its own or if someone pressed the sleep button. It couldn't have gone to snooze because I'm pretty sure I still had another minute or two of ear torture, and I knew for a fact that I didn't hit the sleep button. So that means......

I quickly turned around in my bed only to come face-to-face with my mother. "Aaaahh!" I let out a terrified scream and jumped back slightly. Or at least I tried to. I must have been sleeping very nicely throughout the night because I was wrapped up in my covers like a burrito and when I jumped back, I somehow managed to throw myself off of the bed. "Oowww" I complained. "Minyoung-ah! Are you okay? You need to be more careful, sweety." My mother said with a concern laced voice and a slight giggle.

My mother's name is Lim Seohyeon. She's a very beautiful woman with dark hair, dark eyes, and a wonderfully outstanding complexion. She had very young, yet matured features and she kept in very great shape. She was a very kind-hearted person with a bit of a playful side to her. But she also had very soft feelings, and was, in my opinion, very fragile and should be handled with extreme care. She had been through a lot, and I've managed to stay by her side and help her as much as can in her times of need. I would do anything and everything to make sure she's happy and feels protected.

When my father passed away I thought my mother would be next. She was so emotionally traumatized and she wouldn't keep care of herself. My father was her rock; he was her everything. She didn't know how to live on without him by her side, and it got to the point where I began to fear that I would lose another parent.

As silly as it sounds, I kept all of the windows in the house closed because I felt that the slightest wind would blow her away and I'd never see her again. She was broken, shattered even. Seeing her in that state devastated me. In my eyes, she had always been the strongest person I knew, next to my father. And seeing her break down like that scared me. I didn't know what to do. But we eventually came through. We sought out guidance and got her the help she needed. I even got a little help, and now we're all better.

I groaned as I replied back to her in a pained voice, "Y-yeah. I'm okay." "Oh, honey I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you," she replied in a frantic tone as she helped me untangle myself from my covers and off of the floor. "Are you sure you're okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" she continued to question me until I grabbed hold of her hands to keep them from checking my body for injuries and looked her in her eyes for reassurance.

"Eomma, I'm fine," I said. "Are you sure?" she asked. "Positive," I replied back giving her a soft smile. "Okay, well get dressed, honey. We have quite a few things to do today," she told me. "Oh?" "Mmhm. And I also have a surprise for you later on. I have a feeling you're going to love it." "A surprise? Really? What is it-What is it-What is it?" I questioned excitedly. "You'll see soon. Now hurry and get dressed, then come to the kitchen to have some breakfast. After we eat we'll be on our way," she said. "Oh, and make sure to pack all of your things so that they can be loaded into the car before we leave," she added before she left the room.

We've recently had to move into a hotel room for the time being because of our home being invaded.....by termites. Our house is pretty old, and it's been in use for quite a long time. It's belonged to my mother's family for decades now (maybe even a century or two), and it's only natural that we come across a few inconveniences here and there. But this is becoming such a hassle.

The house is very beautiful, but the bugs are just too much. We've been battling off the termites for nearly ten years, lodging in hotel after hotel for months on end as our house underwent EXTREME pesticide cleansings. This time was no different. However, the termites came back with a vengeance like no other. They took to destroying rooms, and apparently, mine was at the top of their list because my room was demolished in mere minutes. We've got the best of the best exterminators out their right now making sure those annoying pests stay away for good.

I can only imagine that they've finished their job as my mother said we needed to pack all of our things. The only bad thing is that I'll have to sleep in the living room or with my mother until we can fix my room and get new furniture for it.

After she left I smiled excitedly and went to prepare myself for the day ahead of me. I walked to the small closet to pick an outfit to wear. After I finally found one, I put it on and packed the rest of my clothes in my suitcases. Afterwards, I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth, style my hair, and apply a minimum amount of makeup. After making sure I looked presentable, I left the bathroom and headed to the kitchen area to eat breakfast.

 After making sure I looked presentable, I left the bathroom and headed to the kitchen area to eat breakfast

(outfit and hair)

(shoes, which may or may not match; I don't think they do:\ I'll change them later

(shoes, which may or may not match; I don't think they do:\ I'll change them later.)

After my mother and I finished eating breakfast we quickly cleaned up, packed what few little items were left out of our suitcases, and made a few rounds around the room to make sure nothing was forgotten. Once everything was loaded into the car, we were on our way.

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

Disclaimer: I don't own Playful Kiss or the characters of Playful Kiss. I only own the characters that I create in the story.

A/N: Media is a picture of Mina's mother. I'm half asleep rn so idk if the outfit even goes together b/c atm everything looks like it matches to me😂😂. I might change the shoes after I'm well rested. I tried looking everywhere for a Playful Kiss Fanfiction, but I couldn't really find any good ones. So I decided to make one of my own. If anyone knows of any good Playful Kiss Fanfiction, please tell me. Thank You! \^<>^/

[10/15/17]

In case no one has noticed yet, I've decided to change my main character's name from Mina to Minyoung due to the fact that there's already someone named Mina in the show, and I didn't want anyone to become confused. I've also changed the mother's last name from 'Park' to 'Lim'. I decided to do this after learning that Korean women don't usually adopt their spouse's last name after marriage.