°Chapter 4°

3rd Person POV
Outside Of The House

Seohyun ran quickly towards the O.I.T. before any other police officers could stop her. She stopped a few feet in front of the young, soon-to-be officer (whose name she learned from looking at his name tag, engraved in the metal was 김주원) and looked at her daughter as he carried her from the debris. "Oh, my poor Minyoung," Seohyun whispered with tears in her eyes. She was afraid to touch Mina in fear of hurting her more than she might already be. Joowon couldn't stand seeing the mother of the young woman in his arms hurt and cry. She looked like a frail woman with fragile feelings, and she reminded him of his own mother. He didn't know how to handle the situation, so he did the only thing he knew how to do.

"Ma'am, I know you're scared, but I'm going to need you to step aside. We need to make sure that your daughter is okay," he said in a calmingly soft yet stern tone. Seohyun didn't know what it was about this boy that made her trust him, but she stepped to the side to let him pass. Maybe it was the way he showed his emotions in such a situation and still kept his head. Or maybe it was the authority that rang within his words. He was so young, yet so mature, and he couldn't have been much older than Minyoung.

A small silence swept over the two before Seohyun nodded in understanding towards the young man and stepped to the side. He could see that she trusted him, and he didn't want to betray that trust. Joowon quickly rushed to the ambulance with Minyoung and handed her to the medics that were on sight. "When I reached her, she was hyperventilating and seemed to be having an attack of some sort." he continued, "There's a possibility that she may have a head injury; I tackled her pretty hard to the floor." The EMTs were nodding to every word he said. They set her on the gurney and immediately began checking her vitals as they loaded her into the ambulance.

Seohyun wasn't allowed to ride with the ambulance with Minyoung because they were afraid that her emotions may become unstable again, so she raced to her car and followed the ambulance to the hospital. Everything after that was a blur.

-------------------
Time Skip
At The Hospital

Seohyun's brain only seemed to process every other memory from her journey to the hospital to the moment when she woke up in the hospital. She looked around and saw that she was sitting in a chair in the room her daughter was assigned to. Her head had been laying next to Minyoung's waist with her hand wrapped tightly around Minyoung's.

She couldn't remember much, but she did remember showing up at the hospital right as her daughter was being rushed in. She was scared and shaking. Several of the hospital staff had to hold her back from following the nurses and doctors that were bringing Minyoung back the see if there was any serious damage. She remembered putting up quite a fight when the doctors held her down while someone stuck a needle in her arm, causing her to almost instantly calm down. She remembered being brought to an empty room and being placed on the bed before being left by herself.

There was a blank spot in her mind before she came to another memory. A woman was in her room with her. She was sitting in one of the chairs staring at Seohyun with a soft smile. She looked very familiar, but Seohyun was too drugged up to try to remember where she may have seen the angelic woman. Seohyun remembers the woman's eyes lighting up a bit as she smiled wider and quickly leaned forward to get closer. The woman began to speak quickly and excitedly in a low whisper.

All Seohyun could comprehend was the woman saying how she was excited to see her again and how she was glad that Seohyun was okay. The woman then went on to tell her that she had been sitting there in the room for a few hours waiting for Seohyun to wake up.

In her groggy state, Seohyun could only manage to think about her daughter and quickly asked about her. The woman looked at her sadly and told her that she hadn't received any news on Minyoung's health, but that she was sure that the young girl was alright.