4 <Chase>

A/N: I know that you can't get away with hitting someone with a car so easily. But for the sake of this story, just go along with it.

The moment GaEun opened that door, she felt JongDae's gaze on her back. When she turned towards him, JongDae sat up straight; a look of uneasiness on his face. GaEun assumed he was confused. He did get run over by a car out of the blue; he must not have remembered.

GaEun put on the best smile she could and shook off the tingle going down her spine, "It's a relief to see you awake." GaEun cleared her throat in nervousness, as JongDae's staring started to have an effect. "You definitely healed... A lot faster than average..." She notes out loud as she taps the pen in her hand against the words on the clipboard.

GaEun looks up from JongDae's information sheet to see him biting his lip. As a doctor, GaEun identified this as a sign that he was in pain. She puts down the clipboard in a hurry and rushes to the IV pump, "Does it still hurt? I can give you more narcotics..."

She adjusts the lever so that JongDae would receive more pain killers. GaEun goes back to JongDae's side table and starts to fidget with the bed adjustments. A stray hair falls onto her face as she looks down at the different buttons. She could feel JongDae's stare intensify when she goes to push the strand behind her ear.

"Can you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being the most painful." GaEun asks over her shoulder as she goes to check the IV pump settings. She jumps in shock when the heart monitor starts going into a frenzy of beeps.

Surely his heart wasn't beating that fast, so there must be something wrong with the machine. GaEun knew they should've replaced it. She leans forward and starts to find the problem. Maybe a few whacks to the screen would get it back and running in no time...

GaEun wasn't aware of how close she was leaning into JongDae until she realized she was getting rather hot. She glanced over to see JongDae breaking out in a sweat. It must have been the same fever from last night.

GaEun puts the back of her hand against his forehead to check his temperature, "Mr.Kim... Do you feel hot? Do you still have a fever from yesterday?"

When their skin came into contact, a chill went down her spine. It wasn't a subtle chill; it was a sudden and thunderous spark. Before she could process any further, she found herself face to face with her patient; his hand wrapped rather strongly around her wrist. GaEun's eyes widen as she finally gets a good look into his eyes.

"Who are you?" JongDae asks straightforwardly. His voice wasn't as deep as she would have expected from this mysterious man, but his voice still made the hairs on her neck stand. The way the words rolled off his tongue entranced GaEun. She didn't even know that JongDae had her curious from the start.

GaEun got so caught up in the sound of his voice, that she didn't realize she hadn't answered him. "I..." GaEun wasn't sure if it was a trick question. She may have studied in America, but she was still quite uneducated in common sense. Wasn't it obvious what she was by her lab coat? Or the fact that she knew how to control the IV pump? It seemed like a simple question, but it was leaving her dumbfounded.

"I... I-I'm just your doctor." She stutters out. The intense look in JongDae's eyes changes, and she could feel the grip on her wrist loosen. For the first time since she walked into the room, JongDae looks away from her. A look of disappointment was all over his face. He cleared his throat, "Of course..."

GaEun stands up, "Do... Do you remember why you're here?" GaEun questions as she picks up the clipboard with shaky hands. She accidentally drops it, and quickly picks it up in embarrassment. GaEun clears her throat before preparing to write.