12 <Revelation>

A/N: I apologize for the delay. I was crazy busy with School and Finals. And then I wanted to have a mourning period after having a tragic loss in the KPOP community. But I'm back now, and I hope this long chapter makes up for it! I split it into two parts again for your convenience. Also, do you think it would help you visualize the story better if I add GIFs to the story? Please let me know in the comments! Also, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all stay healthy and safe this upcoming new year! 

GaEun clicks out of the tab where she had searched up 'The Lovers tarot card meaning.'

GaEun moves on to research the next card she chose at the fortune teller's tent;

'The Moon' is a card of illusion and deception, and therefore often suggests a time when something is not as it appears to be. Vigilance and clear perception will be necessary to find that which is hidden before it is too late. 'The Moon' is a psychological card of projecting fear into your present and your future, based on past experiences. The images, thoughts, and feelings that you have repressed over time cause inner disturbances that are becoming overwhelming. As a result, you are now experiencing negative blocks within your personality, causing fear and anxiety.

~~~~~

JongDae never likes leaving GaEun's side after she had just made it out of a dangerous situation. It doesn't help that these unfortunate events occur sporadically; GaEun is constantly in danger of getting into trouble.

JongDae wants to be by her side all the time. But for now, eating a late night meal with GaEun on the hospital roof is enough.

JongDae pushes GaEun's poor excuse of a meal to the side and pulls out a box from his suitcase with pictures of fried chicken all over it. The mouth-watering aroma fills the night air and GaEun's nostrils.

"You're a saint!" GaEun exclaims as she pulls the box closer to her and opens it, to reveal a much more fulfilling meal.

"No, I'm your boyfriend." JongDae retaliates as he watches GaEun completely ignore him in favor of the food put before her.

"I wish we could do this every night." GaEun mumbles as she starts nibbling on a drumstick.

JongDae moves a strand of hair that threatened to go into GaEun's mouth. He pushes it behind her ear and runs his hand through her hair, "Me too..."

GaEun beams as she scoots closer next to JongDae, but makes sure that the box of fried chicken is within reach. She rests her head on JongDae's shoulder as he wraps his arms around her; his black suit and her white lab coat entangling in a mix of opposites, but JongDae only pulls her closer to his side.

He doesn't deserve her. He knows he doesn't. But he's selfish. JongDae should push her away, but instead, he pulls her closer to his side.

"Any closer, and I won't be able to leave your side." GaEun says under her breath, even though she snuggles deeper into JongDae's side.

JongDae chuckles before planting a kiss on the side of her head. GaEun giggles at his affection.

She lifts her gaze to the night sky, at the silver moon that hung in the sky, looking down at them like a spectator. As she watches in awe, JongDae watches the moon in anxiety.

Midnight was fast approaching.

It felt like looking in a mirror; seeing all your imperfections on display for the world to see, but the world is ignorant to them because they refuse to look up. They refuse to believe in the supernatural. And if the world ever found out, they would never accept it.