8 <Officially Yours>

Italicized: JongDaeNormal: GaEunBold: JinHyuk

Italicized: JongDae
Normal: GaEun
Bold: JinHyuk

A/N: I wanted to update yesterday, while it was still technically JongDae's birthday, but that didn't happen. So I guess... Happy late birthday Chen!

GaEun opens a new tab on her computer at home. She types in 'tarot card meanings' into the search bar. She scrolls through the results until she comes across the three tarot cards she had selected from that night at the carnival;

'The Lovers' represent perfection, harmony and mutual attractiveness. Their trust in one another gives them strength and confidence to overcome the obstacles in life. The bond that the two lovers has created is incredibly strong and is often reflective of a marriage, soul mate connection or very intimate and close relationship. 'The Lovers' also represents choices on a grand scale. A dilemma will be presented demanding an action or decision, and you will want to decipher the best way to proceed or make the right choice. Something is going to change your plans or the course of your experience, something that may look negative on the surface but will later prove to be a blessing in disguise.

~~~~~

The weather this Sunday was beautiful; clear skies and nothing but sun. A thin curtain of fog was suspended at their ankles. The dew from this morning still lingered on the surface of the ground that GaEun and JongDae strolled on in order to get to GaEun's car.

The atmosphere between them is also mutually pleasant. At least for GaEun, it is. JongDae's stoic expression still remains, but he isn't radiating any negativity.

But it felt like they both were afraid to touch. They kept a minimum of one foot between them as they walked side by side. JongDae's hands were stuffed in his pockets and GaEun's hands were latching onto her bag strap.

GaEun still isn't used to JongDae not wearing a suit. Suits are like his second skin. But even without it, JongDae still carries himself with a sense of authority. Despite his loose clothing, his muscles look tense, like they were being compressed by the restricting material of a suit. JongDae still acts professional, even though he wasn't trying to.

GaEun felt like he was a bodyguard when he went to open the car door for GaEun. Once she was situated in the driver's seat, JongDae closes the door with a firm push.

GaEun rolls down her window and sticks her head out, "I'm really sorry that our date ended early. My co-worker texted me saying he left something on my desk at work."

JongDae rests his palms against the hood of the car and bends forward in order to be level with the car window, "You don't have to keep apologizing."

GaEun pouts up at her new boyfriend, "How can I when I owe you so much?"

JongDae smirks down at her, "You don't have to be sorry to me."

"Why is that?"

"Because I love you."