19 <Empty>

‘The Hanged Man’ reflects a need to suspend action, and as a result, a period of indecision may be indicated.

‘The Hanged Man’ can sometimes reflect that you are feeling stuck or restricted in your life. You need to get in touch with why you are feeling this way, and work to release yourself from these restrictions. In this way, the ‘Hanged Man’ is also about letting go.

You need an emotional release from whatever it is that is leaving you feeling stuck. Accept and surrender to your present circumstances. You may need to become more vulnerable and open to different experiences but this will help you end the struggle and give up your need for control.

It is when you can really let go of all the worries and concerns that you have, that you find these concerns suddenly disappear and a new reality is possible.

~~~~~

Was this what that tarot card predicted?

Was this constant strain on her heart whenever she even thinks of JongDae the pain the fortune teller was warning her about?

Because nothing could have prepared GaEun for this emptiness in her heart and soul; not even knowing she would have to go through this hurt in advance.

The emptiness brought a feeling of nostalgia to GaEun; it was the same emptiness that was there before JongDae came into her life, except even more painful since she knows it used to be filled at one point.

GaEun was in a state of inner torment; a part of her willing to follow JongDae to the ends of the Earth, and another part that wants to push JongDae off the face of the Earth.

JongDae probably already did the later, since it seems as though any traces of him have been wiped away.

Does JongDae even exist?

Any indication that he does is taken away from GaEun. His phone number changed, he doesn't show his face at his office building, and he never seems to be at his apartment when GaEun tries to confront him. Or maybe he's there, but he's just ignoring her.

His mark on GaEun’s neck hasn't faded away. It's the only thing that let's GaEun know that JongDae is out there somewhere, and that he is real.

~~~~~

Everything is so… Normal.

The moment JongDae detached himself from GaEun's life, everything seemed to go back to normal; back to the way things were before meeting JongDae. As if they had never met…

It's been 2 months since the break up.

Most of it was spent crying. JongDae told her that she can't handle being with him, but GaEun can't handle the emptiness even more. She didn't want everything to go back to normal, so she had to get away from it all; everything that she's ever known to be true.

The same way she clung onto Chen's back as he ran through the woods and took her away to a place that's not normal. A place away from it all. A place where they left behind everything that she's ever known to be true.

It wasn't until when GaEun stepped away from the ER did she realize how focused she was on her work. Her life revolved around the hospital and there was no life outside of it. She wanted to change that.

GaEun volunteered for a 2-month medical mission going to Cambodia. Doctors from all around the world went on the trip to bring healthcare to victims affected by the bloody regime of the Khmer Rouge.

GaEun made acquaintances with many new doctors on the trip, using the English she developed while she lived in America.

They travelled to the rural areas of the country and set up tents as makeshift clinics.